This Meatloaf Meal-Prep recipe is healthy and whole30. The meatloaf is loaded with flavor and is delicious served with roasted green beans and sweet potatoes!
If you’re looking for a healthy comfort food, but don’t want to go bananas with calories, this Healthy Meatloaf Meal-Prep Bowls recipe is exactly what you need. What I mean by that is:
- Meatloaf is a classic dish, but here it gets a healthy twist by replacing breadcrumbs for almond flour (to make it gluten-free) and fatty ground beef for extra-lean.
- Also, the sauce on top got a new version = less sugary and more flavourful. I explain more about this sauce below. I used Whole30 compliant ketchup, which is sugar-free.
- This recipe also is served with green beans like it normally would, but instead of mashed potatoes I’m serving it with roasted sweet potatoes. But of course you can have mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower as side dish if you prefer. It’s totally up to you.
I use a mixture of Whole30 compliant ketchup (I used this Spicy Organic Unsweetened Ketchup from Primal Kitchen) and coconut aminos, which is slightly sweet and really takes this simple sauce recipe to the next level. Then, I used this sauce to put on top of the meatloaf and bake it for 45 minutes. It’s healthy and so good!
Tips to make this Healthy Meatloaf Meal-Prep Bowls:
- If you think it’s hard to turn the ground beef mixture into a rectangle meatloaf shape, just use a bread loaf pan.
- Bake it for about 45 minutes. Check if it’s cooked though. If not, bake for more 5-10 minutes.
- If you don’t have coconut aminos in your pantry, you can use maple or honey instead.
- Please, dice the sweet potato in very small pieces to cook as fast as the green beans.
Can you Freeze Meatloaf?
Yes, you can freeze meatloaf, but I prefer to freeze after it’s cooked. You just need to slice it and place each slice in a small plastic freezer bag. This way it’s easier to defrost in the refrigerator overnight. Then, you just need to reheat in the microwave or oven.
More Healthy Meal-Prep Recipe to Try:
Healthy Meatloaf Meal-Prep Bowls
For the Meatloaf
For the Roasted Veggies
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
In a large bowl, add all the ingredients for the meatloaf. Stir to combine very well.
Form the ground beef mixture into a rectangle shape on the prepared baking sheet.
In a small bowl combine all the ingredients for the meatloaf sauce and mix well. Pour the sauce on top of the meatloaf and spread it into an even layer.
Bake for about 45-55 minutes.
Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with foil and place the sweet potato and green beans on it. Add olive oil, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Mix everything well to combine. Place the baking sheet in the oven (with the meatloaf) and bake the veggies for 15 minutes or until is tender. Make sure you dice the sweet potatoes in very small pieces so they can cook as fast as the green beans. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let them rest.
After 45 minutes check to see if the meatloaf is ready. If so, remove from the oven and let it rest for 8-10 minutes. Cut the meatloaf into ½-inch slices and add two slices into 4 different glass containers along with the roasted veggies. Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/4) — Calories: 484, Fat: 23g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 117mg, Sodium: 1046mg, Potassium: 700mg, Carbohydrates: 39g, Fiber: 8g, Sugar: 13g, Protein: 31g
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!