These easy Low-carb Almond Flour Pancakes are great breakfast alternative to the traditional ones. They’re delicious and easy to make and you will quickly whip them up in the blender and cook.
One of my favourite meals of the day is breakfast. I love all the foods we eat in the morning like pancakes, waffles, scramble eggs, gluten-free bread, fruits, smoothie and oatmeal. As you can see I don’t eat low-carb breakfast everyday, but when I do I like to make low-carb pancakes. Why? Well… Pancakes are fun and super easy to make. All you need to do is to put all the ingredients in a blender and blend. Then, cook for few minutes in a non-stick pan. Done!
These Low-carb Almond Flour Pancakes are great substitute for regular pancake recipes when you want to reduce carbs in your diet! They’re also super satisfying and taste delicious. On top of that, they require minimal ingredients. Awesome!
How is the texture of low-carb almond flour pancakes?
These pancakes are not made with all-propose flour, so the texture is a little different from the regular pancake recipes. They’re made with nut flour, so the flavor and texture are both nutty. They’re also fluffy and moist.
Ingredients to make these Low-carb Almond Flour Pancakes
You probably have all the ingredients on hand to make these Low-carb Almond Flour Pancakes. Well, maybe you don’t have almond flour if you don’t follow a gluten-free or a low-carb diet, but it’s very easy to find everywhere nowadays. They ingredients are:
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 4 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons natural sweetener
- Cooking spray or coconut oil or ghee or butter
How to make these Low-carb Almond Flour Pancakes
They are very easy to make because all you need to do is to add the ingredients in a blender and press puree! Then, heat a non-stick pan to medium-low heat, spray with cooking spray or brush the skillet with coconut oil. And finally, using a 1/4 measuring cup, scoop batterand pour the batter into the pan. After that, you just need to let cook for around 2 to 3 minutes per side or until the edges are firm. Done!
What toppings can you put on Low-carb Almond Flour Pancakes?
You can top your pancakes with lots of different things such as almond butter, peanut butter, fruits, sugar-free syrup, ricotta, cottage cheese and so on.
Tips and Notes:
- You can make this recipe in a blender or food processor. But if you don’t have any of these appliances, you can mix the pancake batter in a mixing bowl.
- If you don’t have almond milk, you can replace it for any other type of milk you prefer (nut milks, rice milk, cow milk).
- If your butter is very thick you can add one extra tablespoon of milk to help with that.
Low-carb Almond Flour Pancakes
- Add all the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend it for about 15 seconds. If necessary, stop few times and scrape the sides of the blender bowl and make sure all the ingredients are well combined.
- Heat a non-stick pan to medium-low heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup, scoop batter and pour into the pan.
- Let cook for around 2 to 3 minutes per side or until the edges are firm.
- Flip and cook another minute or two on the other side.
- Repeat the step 4 -6 again with the rest of the batter.
Top with your favorite toppings (sugar-free syrup and blueberries are great) and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/5) — Calories: 222, Fat: 15g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 74mg, Sodium: 105mg, Potassium: 31mg, Carbohydrates: 11g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 3g, Protein: 11g
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!