This gluten and refined sugar-free Maple Roasted Cranberry Oatmeal is a perfect recipe for your Christmas morning breakfast.
Hope you are all excited for Christmas like I am. This year we will spend Christmas in Montreal with my in-laws and then New Year’s Even in Boston with my auntie, uncle and cousins. We are already at the cottage of my husband’s family and I have to say to you guys that the scenery here is gorgeous. We had lots of snow and the Christmas tree that my mother-in-law decorated is very beautiful, colorful and shinny. Yesterday we went shopping for the last gifts, wrote some Christmas cards and today I still have to wrap some presents. But other than that I’m all set. What about you guys? Ready for the big day?
Talking about being “ready for the big day”, do know already what to make for Christmas morning breakfast this year? If you are still looking for a delicious, easy and quick recipe I’ve got you cover with this ultra-easy and very tasty Maple Roasted Cranberry Oatmeal. One of the best parts of Christmas is when we wake up and look at the tree full of presents to unwrap, don’t you think? Nobody wants to spend lots of time in the kitchen making the Christmas breakfast/brunch, because what we all really want is to be with our loved ones.
So, this recipe is perfect for you who want to make very fast, but yet delicious recipe for breakfast! This recipe is also made with coconut milk and it doesn’t contain refined sugar. The sweetness from the maple goes really well with the bitter/sour taste of the cranberries. Just roast them for about for 5-7 minutes and you will have .a very flavorful topping for this recipe. It’s so tasty that I’m sure everybody will enjoy it. On top of that the chopped pecans add some crunch to the oatmeal and brings even more flavor to your bowl of goodness.
Nothing beats a warm bowl of oatmeal. You can try my Easy Cranberry Oatmeal Recipe, Roasted Blueberry Oatmeal, and Coconut Berries Oatmeal Recipe as well! Got extra oats left? Try this Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies recipe or Blender Banana Oatmeal Muffins!
Maple Roasted Cranberry Oatmeal
- 3 cups coconut milk from a carton
- 1 1/2 cups whole grain oats
- 2 tablespoons + 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 3 tablespoons pecan - choppe
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment pepper.
- Place cranberries on baking sheet and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of maple syrup. Spread maple using silicone pastry brush to coat the cranberries evenly.
- Roast for about 7 minutes.
- While the cranberries are roasting, in a medium pan add coconut milk, whole gain oats and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until fully cooked.
- When it is ready add the oatmeal in a serving bowl.
- Top with the roasted cranberries, pecan and chia.
- Serve immediately.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
If you like this Maple Roasted Cranberry Oatmeal recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More Oatmeal Recipes!