These Low-carb Bacon and Cheese Scones are gluten-free, ultra-simple to whip up and they are made with almond flour, coconut flour, bacon, cheese and chives.
I love breakfast. The sweet side of it like waffles, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, donuts and so on. But I always have a love affair with the savoury side of breakfast – bacon, scramble egg, omelettes, breads – you name it. Mm… Delicious!
That’s why I made these low-carb bacon and cheese scones! They are loaded with crispy bacon, mozzarella cheese, eggs and chives. And because they are made with almond flour and these low-carb bacon and cheese scones are also gluten-free. Isn’t that great? I bet you will wake up very happy knowing that you’ll have them for breakfast!
It’s so easy, simple and quick to make in no time. You just need to whisk all the dry ingredients together, whisk the wet ingredients and combine everything (dry and wet ingredients) together. Then add the cheese, bacon and chives and with your hands, work the dough into a ball and cut into 8 equal wedges with a knife. Bake for 20-25 minutes and DONE! It’s as easy as making omelette. Believe me!
Isn’t that a great way to use bacon, cheese and eggs in one single recipe? These low-carb bacon and cheese scones melt-in-your-mouth and are perfect warmed with a little bit of butter and a cup of coffee or tea (I don’t like coffee, so tea is the best option for me). The butter gives them great flavour and texture.
Why I think these Low-carb bacon and Cheese Scones are the best breakfast recipe for you to try this morning? Because they’re…
- gluten-free and low-carb.
- savory, flaky and melt-in-your-mouth tender.
- perfect addition to any breakfast, brunch or even dinner.
- loaded with bacon, cheese and chives.
And I can’t forget to say that you don’t even need a mixer to make them. Great, right? Mm… So good! And the golden crust is the best! Enjoy!
This recipe was developed by Carolyn Ketchum from the blog All Day I Dream about food.
Low-Carb Bacon and Cheese Scones
These Low-carb Bacon and Cheese Scones are gluten-free, ultra-simple to whip up and they are made with almond flour, coconut flour, bacon, cheese and chives.8
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup whipping cream (or you can use almond milk)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (save 2 tablespoons for topping)
- ½ cup cooked bacon (save 1 tbsp for topping)
- 3 tablespoons chives, chopped (save ½ tsp for topping)
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder and salt together.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg, egg white and whipping cream.
- Drizzle it over the flour mixture and then toss the mixture together with a rubber spatula.
- Add cheese, bacon and chives. Mix everything together until well combine.
- Transfer the dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
- With your hands, work the dough into a ball.
- Press into a neat 8″ disc and cut into 8 equal wedges with a knife.
- Top with cheese, bacon and chives.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a 5 minutes before serving.
This recipe was adapted from All Day I Dream about Food blog.
Yield: 8, Serving Size: 1/8
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 220
- Total Fat: 19.4g
- Saturated Fat: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 332mg
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Sugar: 1.3g
- Protein: 11.6g
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
Products Featured in this Recipe:
(may include affiliate links)
And if you like this Low-Carb Bacon and Cheese Scones recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.