This Make-Ahead Veggie Breakfast Casserole is loaded with veggies, cheese, and eggs. It’s very easy to make and is a perfect healthy breakfast for Christmas morning!
Today, I share this make-ahead veggie breakfast casserole recipe that you will love it because it’s so D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S., and at the same time, it’s very versatile! You can use any fresh veggies you have in your fridge.
I used what I had available, such as red onions, broccoli, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, and spinach. But if you don’t have one of these ingredients, you can still make it. You can add anything you please, such as sausage, chicken, bell peppers, cauliflower, and the list goes on and on.
Also, choose your favorite cheese. I added a mixture of cheddar cheese and mozzarella, but this recipe also goes really well with Swiss or even goat cheese. It’s totally up to you! If you avoid dairy, simply skip this ingredient. No problem at all. This breakfast is full of goodies for your health like fiber and protein, which makes it hearty and keeps you satisfied for hours. It always feels good to get those veggies in first thing in the morning, don’t you think?
I really think it would be an amazing recipe for Christmas morning breakfast for two reasons. First, it’s the perfect way to use leftovers from your holiday meals. Second, you’ll have free time to open your gifts, give presents, and enjoy the special Christmas morning since you can make it ahead and just bake it in the morning.
Believe me, this Make-Ahead Veggie Breakfast Casserole makes a great overnight casserole. Prepare everything the night before, such as chopping and sautéing the veggies. Then, pour the egg mixture over top, add the cheese, and then cover with foil. Refrigerate it overnight, and then bake it in the morning. It’s very good, gluten-free, and low-carb! This breakfast will absolutely make your Christmas morning merry and very special. Enjoy!
See below for how to make this Make-Ahead Veggie Breakfast Casserole recipe:
Make-Ahead Veggie Breakfast Casserole
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup red onions - chopped (skip red onions if you're folling a keto diet)
- 2 cups broccoli - chopped
- 3 cups mushrooms - sliced or chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon mustard powder - optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cheddar and mozzarella cheese - mix
- Parsley - for garnishing (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Spray a 9×9-inch casserole dish with a good coating of cooking spray, and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, add the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions, and cook until they are soft.
- Then, add the rest of the veggies, and sauté until they are tender. Add this veggie mixture to the baking dish. Set aside.
- While the veggies are cooking, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, garlic powder, mustard powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Pour the egg mixture over the veggie mixture in the baking dish.
- Next, add the cheese.
- Cover with foil, and bake 40 minutes. Remove the foil, and cook an additional 10 minutes, or until the egg mixture is cooked through.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes before serving.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
If you like this Make-Ahead Veggie Breakfast Casserole recipe, please share it with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter, and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipe updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.