This Make-Ahead Veggie Breakfast Casserole is loaded with veggies, cheese, eggs, very easy to make, and is a perfect healthy breakfast for Christmas morning!
Today I’m sharing with you this make-ahead veggie breakfast casserole recipe that you will love it because it’s so D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S and at the same time, it’s very versatile! You can use any fresh veggies you have in your fridge.
I used what I had available such as red onions, broccoli, mushroom, cherry tomatoes, and spinach. But if you don’t have one of these ingredients you can still be able to make it. You can add anything you please such as sausage, chicken, bell pepper, cauliflower, and the list goes on.
You also can choose your favorite type of cheese to use here. I added a mix of cheddar cheese and mozzarella, but this recipe also goes really well with swiss or even goat cheese. It’s totally up to you. If you are trying to avoid dairy, you can skip this ingredient too. No problem at all. This breakfast is full of goodies for your health such as fiber and protein, which it’s hearty and keeps you satisfied for hours. It always feels good to get all those veggies in first thing in the morning, don’t you think?
I really think it would be an amazing recipe for Christmas morning breakfast for two reasons: first, it’s the perfect way to use up leftover from your holiday meals; second, you’ll have free time to open your gifts, give presents, and enjoy the special Christmas morning since you can make it ahead and just bake it off in the morning.
Believe me, this Make-Ahead Veggie Breakfast Casserole makes a great overnight casserole. You just need to prepare everything the night before such as chop and sauté the veggies. Then, pour the egg mixture over top, add the cheese and then cover with foil. Bake in the morning. It’s very good, gluten-free, and low-carb! For sure, this breakfast will make your Christmas morning merry and very special. Enjoy!
Watch below how to make this Make-Ahead Veggie Breakfast Casserole recipe.
Make-Ahead Veggie Breakfast Casserole
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup red onions — chopped
- 2 cups broccoli — chopped
- 3 cups mushroom — sliced or chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon mustard powder — optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cheddar and mozzarella cheese — mix
- Garnish with parsley — optional
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Spray a 9×9 casserole dish with a good coating of cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, add olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until they are soft.
- Then add all the rest of the veggies and sauté until they are tender. Add this veggie mixture to the baking dish. Set aside.
- While the veggies are being cooked, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, garlic powder, mustard powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Pour the egg mixture over the veggie mixture into the baking dish. Then add the cheese.
- Cover with foil and then bake 40 minutes. Remove foil and cook an additional 10 minutes, or until the egg mixture is cooked through.
- Let it cool down for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/8) — Calories: 233, Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 149mg, Sodium: 205mg, Carbohydrates: 25g, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 3g, Protein: 13g
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
And if you like this Make-Ahead Veggie Breakfast Casserole recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.