This Roasted Blueberry Oatmeal is a healthy and delicious way to start your day. It is made with coconut milk and the berries are roasted with maple syrup.
If you are around Primavera Kitchen a lot you should know by now that I love oatmeal for breakfast (sometimes I even have oatmeal for lunch and light dinner…. I’m not kidding). But when you have it so many times you can get a little sick of it and for this reason I am always trying to create new oatmeal recipes. This time I decided to roast some blueberries to put on top of my oatmeal. This was my first time that I roasted blueberries with a little bit of maple syrup and I was surprised how delicious they were.
When I had the idea to roast some blueberries, I thought it was going to take time to prepare my oatmeal. For me easy and quick recipes are very important since know after having a baby my time is very limited. However, the blueberries were ready in 7 minutes and while they were been roasted in the oven I was preparing the oatmeal in the stove. So, you won’t waste your precious morning time making this awesome and flavourful breakfast. I promise to you that this easy and creative recipe will give you one more reason to wake up in the morning in a happy mood. Your oatmeal will never again look like a boring breakfast. So, it is time to go to your kitchen and make this meal that will lower your cholesterol levels, burn some fat and fill you up with fiber. Enjoy!
Roasted Blueberry Oatmeal
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup whole grain oats
- 1 tbsp + 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 tsp shredded coconut
- a pinch of chia
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment pepper.
- Place blueberries on baking sheet and drizzle with maple syrup. Spread maple using silicone pastry brush to coat the blueberries evenly.
- Roast for about 7 minutes.
- While the blueberries are roasting, combine coconut milk, whole gain oats and maple syrup and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until fully cooked.
- When it is ready add the oatmeal in a serving bowl.
- Top with the roasted blueberries, shredded coconut and chia.
- Serve immediately.
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
If you like this Roasted Blueberry Oatmeal recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More Oatmeal Recipes!
Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies