While I’m writing this post, my son is right beside me playing with his favorite toy. Every 2 minutes I stop what I’m doing and observe him playing. This toy used to be a struggle for him. Just few months ago he could not fit all geometric shapes into the correct spaces and it upsets him many times. I used to play with him and say “keep trying, mommy. You are going to get it right soon”.
Now, after trying so many times, he’s playing with this toy like a pro. It’s so nice to see his development. I think it’s one of the best parts of being a mom. I really love seeing him learning new skills and a simple day at home playing with him can be more enjoyable than go to a big party for me.
But another thing that I love about being a mom is to see him discovering new things for the first time. For example, few days ago when I made this Mediterranean Cauliflower Salad my husband gave some of it to Thomas. We didn’t think he would like it since it was his first time eating cauliflower. Fortunately we were wrong. Tomtom ate a big bowl of it and he loved it. He was eating like crazy and we were having a great time giving this salad to him.
I have to be honest; it’s not difficult to eat a full bowl of this Mediterranean Cauliflower Salad. It’s very delicious. I can guarantee that cauliflower with Mediterranean flavors go really well together. And you don’t even need lots of ingredients to make your dressing tastes flavorful because this salad is already packed with lots of goodies. I just made a very simple salad dressing with lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Simple and delicious!
For the salad I used tomatoes, red onions, black olives, cucumber and cauliflower. I just cut off the florets of the cauliflower, added them to the food processor and pulsed it for few seconds until the florets had the “rice” like consistency. After that, I microwaved for about 4 minutes and done. Easy and quick! You can serve it with salmon or chicken. Yum!
Mediterranean Cauliflower Salad
For the salad
- 1 small/medium head cauliflower — cut off the florets
- 1 cup red onion — chopped
- 1 cup cucumber — chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes — cut in half
- ¼ cup black olives
- ¼ cup fresh parsley — chopped
For the Dressing
- 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 garlic clove — minced
- Pulse the cauliflower florets in a food processor for about 25-30 seconds until it's a rice-like consistency.
- Place the cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 3-4 minutes. The time will depend on the power of the microwave.
- Once cauliflower is cool enough to handle, transfer to a salad bowl.
- Add all the rest of the salad ingredients in the salad bowl.
- In a mason jar, pour the olive oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Add salt, pepper, garlic and whisk everything together. Continue to whisk while streaming in the olive oil. Taste to check the seasoning.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.
- Top with parsley. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
And if you like this Mediterranean Cauliflower Salad recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.