This Instant Pot Mediterranean Chicken Recipe is packed with flavor and is ready in less than 20 minutes with almost no work at all.
I bought my Instant Pot last November and I’m hooked since the first time I tried to make a recipe with it. I was amusing how fast I could make a healthy and delicious dinner. Isn’t it absolutely amazing to be able to cook entire dinner in 10 or 20 minutes? Yes, it is! Gotta love it and of course I do.
The best thing about the Instant Pot is you don’t have to watch it! You set the time and go. That’s the miracle of the Instant Pot. You have a dinner idea, separate the ingredients you need from your pantry and fridge and put together a healthy meal for your whole family in no time.
Do you want to know what I did to make this super easy Instant Pot Mediterranean Chicken recipe? Well… First I sealed the chicken in a sauté mode, then I browned the onions and finally I added all the spices and the diced tomatoes in the Instant Pot. I waited for only 8 minutes and all done! I have to say that the ability to throw chicken, spices, onions and tomatoes into a pot and have dinner ready to go in less than 10 minutes is just absolutely awesome. On top of that, you made this delicious Instant Pot Mediterranean Chicken with almost no work at all.
This recipe is so good that I believe you will make it many times. You will be impressed with how fast the chicken cooks and how moist it is. Also the chicken thighs are so tender, juicy and flavorful because it’s cooked in a sauce under pressure. So good! Perfect recipe for a busy weeknight meal! This recipe is also gluten-free, low-carb and paleo friendly.
Instant Pot Mediterranean Chicken Recipe
This Instant Pot Mediterranean Chicken is packed with flavor and is ready in less than 20 minutes with almost no work at all.
- 2 tablespoons ghee or olive oil
- 1 lb. organic chicken thighs (skinless and boneless)
- 2 cups white onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon chili pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander seed
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 28oz can diced/chopped tomato (I like to use this one)
- ½ cup black olives
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté.
- Pour olive oil into bottom of pot and allow to heat.
- Add the chicken and sauté until they get brown, but they won’t be cooked through. Set aside.
- Add the onions and cook for about 5 minutes. Add all the spices, salt and pepper and the diced tomatoes. Cook for more 2-3 minutes.
- Bring the chicken back to the Instant Pot and mix everything well until combine.
- Set timer to manual cooking for 8 minutes.
- Release steam, and add the black olives. Stir well.
- Serve hot over pasta, rice, roasted vegetables and/or mashed potato/cauliflower.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page here.
Yield: 8, Serving Size: 1/8
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 153
- Total Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Sodium: 161mg
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 12g
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
Products Featured in this Recipe:
(may include affiliate links)
And if you like this Instant Pot Mediterranean Chicken Recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.