This Pesto Shrimp Tomato Salad Recipe is ready in 10 minutes and it’s a perfect quick lunch or light dinner meal for the week. Enjoy!
Salads are always good for us and there isn’t a better moment to enjoy them than during summertime. Don’t you agree with me? We are supposed to be outside, having fun with our loved ones and not spend hours and hours in the kitchen while the days are bright, warm and beautiful.
Now that I have a child I’ve been outside even more often than before. Thomas LOVES nature and I like to call him “nature lover” hahahahah. He loves flowers, plants, animals, zoos, parks, beaches and so on. We are lucky to live in a city full of green spaces.
It’s amazing to see him having fun and appreciating everything around him. This is why I’ve been making lots of salads this summer. All afternoons we spend outside and when we come back home a salad is always ready in the fridge to dig in!
So, today I’m very excited to share this Pesto Shrimp Tomato Salad recipe with YOU. Why? Because it’s the easiest salad I’ve ever posted on this blog and yet it’s very flavorful. Isn’t it a great combination of ingredients tomato, lettuces and shrimp? I LOVE this combo and I’m sure you will too.
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
This salad is so refreshing, colorful, delicious, gluten-free and low-carb too. Also it’s full of protein from the shrimp. It’s a totally perfect summer lunch or even a light dinner during the week.
The best part of this salad is that it’s ready in 10 minutes! Awesome, right? The only thing that takes a little more time is to cut the cherry tomatoes in half and to cook the shrimp. But we all know that you don’t need more than 4 minutes to cook perfect shrimp. Or you can even make this Pesto Shrimp Tomato Salad Recipe with cooked shrimp that you can buy at any supermarket.
For this recipe I also used a store-bought pesto that I bought at my local grocery store just because I would like to save some time. However, if you prefer to make your own I have a great tutorial showing how to make homemade pesto. The link is also in the recipe box.
If you’re making your own, I recommend making a huge batch so you can make my Sweet Potato Pesto Chicken Skillet, Pesto Chicken Salad Recipe, Pesto Spaghetti Squash with Shrimp, and Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Shrimp Asparagus Skillet.
I really hope you enjoy this Pesto Shrimp Tomato Salad Recipe! Thanks for stopping by!
Pesto Shrimp Tomato Salad Recipe
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp peeled
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 cups lettuces chopped
- ¾ cup red onion chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomato cut in half
- 2-3 tablespoons store-bought pesto If you prefer a homemade pesto, click here
For the shrimp
- Using paper towels, pat dry shrimp and add in a medium bowl.
- Add salt and black pepper.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over high heat.
- Add shrimp and cook for about 1-2 minutes each side or until cooked through. Set aside.
For the Salad
- In a large salad bowl, add lettuces, red onions, cherry tomatoes and cooked shrimp.
- Add pesto and mix everything well to combine. Enjoy!
- Careful not to overcook the shrimp as it'll become rubbery.
- Pat the shrimp dry before using as it can steam instead of sear in the skillet if there's moisture.
- Buy pre-peeled shrimp if you want to save a few minutes of prep work.
- To store: Put pesto shrimp salad into an airtight glass container and keep them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To freeze: Freeze cooked shrimp in a freezer-safe bag once the shrimps have reached room temperature. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
And if you like this Pesto Shrimp Tomato Salad recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
Leave a Comment