This Polenta with Tomato Sauce, Balsamic Onions and Feta recipe is a great appetizer option for you because you probably have all the ingredients on hand. Enjoy!
How are you today?
I’ve been very busy these past few days, because I am on vacation enjoying my city with my husband and guests from Brazilian. We have visited so many touristic points in the city that I was thinking I am ready to apply for a job as a tourist guide at the city of Toronto … just kidding! Although I have visited these place so many times before, I still enjoyed going there because I love Toronto and everything it has to offer.
Today, I’m sharing with you an easy and quick recipe to serve to your guests when you don’t have much time to cook, but you still want to offer something elegant and tasty. This Polenta with Tomato Sauce, Balsamic Onions and Feta is a great appetizer option, especially because you probably have all the ingredients on hand. I really hope you enjoy it.
What Can I Serve With This?
- Warm up a skillet over medium heat. Lightly coat polenta (cut into slices) with cooking spray.
- Add polenta (cut into slices) to skillet and grill for about 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Warm up a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and garlic. Sauté 15 for seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté until onion begins to soften and become tender.
- Reduce heat to low and add balsamic vinegar; cook for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Layer homemade tomato sauce, onion mixture, and feta evenly among polenta slices. Garnish with fresh chives.
- Feel free to use a store-bought tomato sauce if you're in a rush.
- You can use any type of onions you have on hand, from yellow onions to sweet onions.
- You can get pre-crumbled feta to quickly finish off the dish.
- To store: You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- To reheat: You can quickly heat everything up the microwave or toaster oven.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
If you like this Polenta with Tomato Sauce, Balsamic Onions and Feta recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
Taste more from Primavera Kitchen!
These Eggplant Pizza Bites are low-carb, gluten-free and very flavourful!! Enjoy!
These Lentil Deviled Eggs are protein-packed appetizer made with creamy pureed lentil.
This is a great tutorial about how to make homemade Tomato Sauce Recipe.