These Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts are baked, easy to make, low-carb, gluten-free, and very flavorful.
We (me and Thomas) are spending the week in Montreal since my husband is out of the country, traveling for work. I prefer to come here because my in-laws always help me with my baby boy if I need them to. You can imagine that being alone in Toronto without Pierre and my family is not fun, especially now that I have a baby to take care. So I came to Montreal, giving my in-laws more time to play with their grandson and giving myself have some help too. They absolutely love being with Thomas and of course, Tom also loves being with them. So, it’s all good!
We are at the family cottage and it’s so cold here!! I can’t believe we are few days from spring and it’s still very cold. But I have to say that although is cold I love the look at the frozen lake! It’s so beautiful. Yesterday, my mother-in-law, Thomas, and I were outside walking and I couldn’t stop myself from taking pictures and videos for my Instagram Stories… hahahahaha! I’m totally addicted to that!!
Before my husband left Toronto for a couple weeks, I created this Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts recipe and it was a big winner. My husband loved it and now it will be on our dinner menu at least once a week. This recipe is very flavorful. The combo of feta cheese, spinach, and black olives brings any chicken recipe to another level. On top of all these tasty ingredients, I used mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce to add more layers of flavor to this dish. AWESOME!! These Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts goes really well with spaghetti (pasta or zucchini noodles) or even roasted veggies, rice, or quinoa salad. Enjoy!
Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese - about 1/2 cup
- 3 tablespoon black olives - diced
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless free range organic chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup sugar-free tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Fresh parsley - chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Prep the filling:
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add onion and cook for about 8 minutes. Don’t forget to stir occasionally.
- Add spinach and cook for 1 minute. Remove pan from heat. Add feta and black olives and mix everything well to combine. Set it aside.
Prep the chicken:
- Cut the chicken into 8 pieces and pound all the four pieces until they are thin. Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Put 1 ½ tablespoon of the spinach mixture in the middle of the chicken and roll it up. Secure together using toothpicks, if needed. Repeat the process for all the chicken pieces.
- Put ½ cup of the tomato sauce on the bottom of a greased baking dish and set it aside.
- In a skillet, sauté the chicken breast in oil until golden brown. Then transfer the chicken to the baking dish.
- Cover evenly with remaining tomato sauce and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the chicken gets to an internal temperature of 165°F degrees.
- Remove chicken from the oven, top with mozzarella cheese and bake for more 2 minutes. Before serving top with fresh parsley.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
If you like this Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
More Chicken Recipes: