This Shrimp and Sausage Vegetable Skillet is an easy to make meal-prep recipe for your busy days of the week. It’s super flavorful and loaded with veggies and protein. It’s low-carb, paleo, whoel30, and also gluten-free.
The past few days my husband wasn’t home since he was traveling for work. I wasn’t very worried about “what to make for dinner”. Of course, we (my 3-year old boy and I) have healthy dinner meals even when my husband is not home, but we don’t mind to eat the same thing four days of the week, as my husband does.
So, last week I decided to make this Shrimp and Sausage Vegetable Skillet meal-prep recipe and we ate this low-carb, paleo and whole30 dish for dinner all 4 days of the week. It stayed fresh and good in the fridge for 4 days and I served it along with rice for my son.
Ingredients to make this Shrimp and Sausage Vegetable Skillet:
This recipe is great because you can use any veggies you have on hand, which means it’s an awesome dish to help you to clean out your fridge. If you ever feel uninspired and don’t know what to do for dinner, this recipe will solve your problem. All what you need is just simple and easy ingredients:
Spices (black pepper, crushed red pepper, onion powder and paprika)
Red bell pepper
Why you’ll love this Shrimp and Sausage Vegetable Skillet recipe:
- It’s done in less than 30 minutes and all you need is one-pan, making clean up a breeze. Less dishes to do, more time to enjoy your family.
- All the ingredients you probably have in your fridge, but if not you can easily replace for any other veggie you have on hand. So, it’s a super versatile.
- Not a fond of shrimp or sausage? Replace it for chicken or tofu.
- It goes well on its on or with cauliflower rice, traditional rice, quinoa, couscous or even pasta.
- It’s loaded with veggies, protein and nutrients good for you.
More skillet and meal-prep recipes to try:
Shrimp and Sausage Vegetable Skillet (Meal-Prep)
For the Shrimp and Sausage
- In a bowl, add shrimp, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, onion powder and paprika. Mix everything well.
- In a cast iron skillet add 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add shrimp and sauté for about 4 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through. Be careful to not overcook them, otherwise they will have a rubbery texture. Set aside.
- In the same skillet smoked sausage and cook for 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, all the veggies and vegetable broth. Reduce the heat to low-medium, close the skillet with a lid and let the veggies to cook for 2 minutes. Stir occasionally and cook for 5-minute more or until the veggies are tender.
- Return shrimp and sausage back to the skillet and mix everything well to combine.
- Garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!