Golden Cauliflower Rice is a light version of traditional rice recipe and it’s loaded with nutrients, vitamins and antioxidant. Perfect healthy side dish!
About a year ago I decided to make cauliflower rice recipe called Mushroom Cauliflower rice that has became one of the most popular recipes on my blog. I didn’t know I would like it because I’m not a huge fan of cauliflower, but fortunately I loved it a lot and since then I’ve been making cauliflower rice constantly. So, I decided to make another cauliflower rice now with turmeric since I am in love with this golden spice.
About this Golden Cauliflower Rice recipe
This Golden Cauliflower Rice is so good. I could eat this type of side dish on a daily basis. I love all the ingredients in there and it’s just so healthy, colourful and delicious. That’s why I urge you to try it because you won’t regret. Trust me!
This Golden Cauliflower Rice goes really well with roasted chicken or a delicious fish recipe, or even shrimp, some roasted green beans and roasted brussels sprouts. It even goes well with soup like my Instant Pot Taco Soup Recipe!
What are the benefits of eating Cauliflower Rice?
I love cauliflower rice because it has less carbs than the traditional rice recipe, which means it is a low-carb alternative to grains and legumes. It’s of course gluten-free and it contains lots of health benefits and nutrients for your health. This veggie is super high in fiber and it’s a good source of antioxidants too.
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
I have so many cauliflower rice recipes if you want to make more! Try my Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower Rice Recipe, Spicy Chicken with Cauliflower Rice, and my Easy Zucchini Cauliflower Rice!
What can I add to cauliflower rice?
I love cauliflower because it is a very adaptable veggie that goes well with almost any type of spice. I particularly like it with garlic powder, minced garlic, onion powder, paprika, turmeric and of course salt and pepper. Super yummy!
How do you make cauliflower rice?
It’s super easy to make cauliflower rice using a food processor. And here is how I make it:
- First, I cut a medium cauliflower head into florets.
- Then, add the florets in a food processor and pulsed it for about 20 seconds. After this time you’ll see that the florets just turned into a “rice” like consistency. Please, do not pulse it for more than 20 seconds because your cauliflower “rice” may become cauliflower “mash”.
- Finally I transfer the cauliflower “rice” to a skillet and season it with the spices you prefer. then in 5 to 10 minutes and your golden cauliflower rice will be delicious and ready to eat. So good!
But, if want to save some time in your kitchen you can also buy it ready to cook. Cauliflower products are getting very popular nowadays because they are low-carb and Keto friendly. To be honest with you I sometimes buy it at my local store or online too because I have to have it on hand for the busy days. This one from Amazon is keto friendly and it’s made from 100% air dried cauliflower. You should try it 😉 Here is a link for all the cauliflower products on Amazon. I also love cauliflower crust pizza that now you can buy at healthy local stores and at Amazon.com as well.
How do I make cauliflower rice to freeze?
It’s super easy once you have your cauliflower “rice” ready.
- First, in a freeze bag add about 2 cups of raw riced cauliflower.
- Press air out of bag and seal.
- Write the amount and the date on the bag
- Repeat with remaining cauliflower.
- Flatten bags and stack to freeze for about 3 months.
Golden Cauliflower Rice
- 1 head medium cauliflower rice
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- ½ cup small white onion chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1 garlic cloves minced
- 1-2 tbsp turmeric powder
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh chives for garnish chopped
- Pulse the cauliflower florets in a food processor for about 25-30 seconds until it’s a rice-like consistency. Set aside.
- Add oil on skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion, red bell pepper and garlic for about 4 minutes.
- Add riced cauliflower and add turmeric. Mix everything well.
- Cook until tender and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When it’s time to serve, top with chives.
- If you love cauliflower recipes, click HERE, where you'll find a full list of additional cauliflower recipes. They are all low-carb, gluten-free and delicious.
- When buying the cauliflower, make sure the head is firm and tight. Avoid any cauliflower with yellow, dry patches on it.
- You can buy pre-cut florets to save prep time on cutting up a head of cauliflower. You can also buy pre-riced cauliflower.
- Feel free to change the red bell peppers to any coloured bell pepper.
- To store: Store leftover cauliflower rice in an airtight container for up to 4 days once they’ve cooled to room temperature.
- To reheat: Reheat leftover cauliflower rice microwave or eat it cold.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
If you like this Golden Cauliflower Rice recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
Leave a Comment