This Shrimp, Bell Pepper and Onions Skillet is a delicious low-carb and gluten-free meal that’s super-quick and easy-to-make and loaded with flavour. It’s ready in 15 minutes and is great as leftovers!
These past few days have been very crazy for me. On the one hand, I’m very excited about our trip to Europe next week. My husband has to go to England for work, so we decided to take advantage of this opportunity and visit a new country on a beautiful continent. We’re going to spend a week and a half in England and another week and a half in Portugal. Wow, three weeks in Europe! So cool!!
And on the other hand, I haven’t been feeling very well these past few days because I have an annoying inflammation of my right eye. It’s nothing very serious, and I’m already being medicated, but it hurts a bit. I’m feeling much better and believe by the end of the week that I’ll be 100% good. Hopefully!
Even though I wasn’t feeling very well, I still cooked, but I chose easy and quick meals. I made my Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet, 5-ingredient Chicken Zucchini Boats, Cauliflower Fried “Rice”, and this Shrimp, Bell Pepper and Onions Skillet I’m sharing with you today. All easy recipes that don’t require lots of ingredients and are not time-consuming.
I love this recipe because, even if you don’t have bell peppers or onions, you can still make this Shrimp, Bell Pepper and Onions Skillet with other veggies of your preference, such as green beans and asparagus. You don’t have an excuse not to try this recipe during your busy week!
5 Reasons to make this Shrimp, Bell Pepper and Onions Skillet recipe:
- It’s gluten-free, low-carb, and if you don’t use cheese, it’s paleo and whole30-friendly, too.
- On your table in 15 minutes.
- Serve it on its own or with rice, quinoa, cauliflower rice, zucchini noodles, or even pasta.
- Uses simple ingredients that you probably have in your kitchen.
- Requires only one pan.
Other shrimp skillet recipes to try:
- Shrimp Vegetable Skillet: It’s loaded with veggies, flavourful spices, and shrimp. It’s a low-carb, whole30, gluten-free, and paleo one-pan meal that is ready in less than 30 minutes.
- Garlic Shrimp Asparagus Skillet: This is a one-pan meal, but you can also serve it with a delicious Easy Mediterranean Salad.
- Creamy Parmesan Shrimp Skillet: It takes literally a few minutes to be ready and is full of so many flavours that you’ll think you are eating a gourmet meal!
I hope you try the recipe and enjoy it!
See below for how to make this Shrimp, Bell Pepper and Onions Skillet:
Shrimp, Bell Pepper and Onions Skillet
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion - sliced
- 3 large bell pepper - sliced
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 cup diced tomatoes with juice
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 pound shrimp - peeled and deveined, tail-on
- feta cheese - for garnishing, skip the cheese if you are whole30 or paleo
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat the olive oil, and sauté the onions, bell peppers, and garlic for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes and all the spices. Toss well to combine.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper, add to the skillet, and cook for 5-6 minutes or until they become pink. Be careful not to overcook them. Otherwise, they will have a rubbery texture.
- Turn off the heat, and sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese.
- Serve with a side dish, such as a green salad, rice, quinoa, or cauliflower rice.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
And if you like this Shrimp, Bell Pepper and Onions Skillet recipe, please share it with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter, and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipe updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.