This Warm Quinoa Brussels Sprouts Salad is made with sauteé brussels sprouts, dried cranberries, chopped pecans and it’s tossed with a delicious orange vinaigrette.
This warm brussels sprouts quinoa salad is about to become your favourite salad during this season, because this salad will warm your heart and soul with these yummy and good-for-you ingredients!! Inside of this delicious bowl you are going to have quinoa and brussels sprouts, which go really well with the sweetness of the dried cranberries. On top of that I brought some chopped pecans to add some crunch to the salad.
I know I could make this salad with raw brussels sprouts because it would be faster, but since it’s winter time I think sauté brussels sprouts in a good quality extra-virgen olive oil makes more sense. This salad is great to eat for lunch and before dinner during the entire year. During summer time I love fresh and cold salads, but warm salads are the best for winter, don’t you think?
This salad also is great as a side dish for the Holidays dinner because it goes really good with turkey. I have to say we love to eat this salad as it is because it is very filling. You also can replace the ingredients easily if you don’t have all the ingredients listed below. For example, you can use walnuts, cashews and almonds instead of pecans or you can use broccoli, zucchini and etc… So, this salad is very versatile, easy and quick to make, gluten-free, vegan, and very nutritious.
Want another holiday dinner recipe? Try this Roasted Brussels Sprouts Quinoa Salad, Parmesan Brussels Sprouts Salad, Brussels Sprouts Casserole Recipe, Sausage with Brussels Sprouts Skillet, or Brussels Sprouts Casserole. These are some of my favourite side dishes that also go well with turkey!
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
Please, if you recreate this recipe, please take a picture and hashtag #primaverakitchen on Instagram! I would love to see your version.
Warm Quinoa Brussels Sprouts Salad
For the Salad
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound brussels sprouts thinly sliced crosswise
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa here is a tutorial/recipe for how to cook quinoa
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans toasted
For the Orange Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup freshly-squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- pinch of salt and pepper
For the Salad:
- In a saucepan, add olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the brussels sprout and cook for about 5 mins.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked brussels sprouts, cooked quinoa, dried cranberries and pecans.
- Pour the vinaigrette in the salad and Toss all ingredients together until combined.
For the Orange Vinaigrette:
- Add all the ingredients in a mason jar. Close the lid and share well.
- Be sure to remove any outer leaves of the Brussels sprouts that are bruised or have black spots.
- If you are purchasing the Brussels sprouts in advance, keep them fresh by storing them unwashed, and untrimmed in a plastic bag in the vegetable crisper drawer of the fridge.
- When cooking quinoa, make sure to rinse it beforehand so it won't be bitter.
- To store: I recommend not adding the vinaigrette to the salad if you plan on storing it in the fridge as it can get soggy. This salad lasts for up to 4 days in the fridge when stored separately.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
And if you like this Warm Quinoa Brussels Sprouts Salad recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More Quinoa Recipes:
Leave a Comment