This Turkey Sausage Skillet with Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes is a perfect, easy, and quick one-pot gluten-free meal to make in only 20 minutes.
If you are one of my readers, you probably noticed that I love recipes made in a skillet and I guess it isn’t just me who enjoys these type of recipes because the most popular recipes on my blog are skillet recipes such as my Sweet Potato, Kale, and Shrimp Skillet and Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet.
I recently created a post with 6 Recipes You Can Make in a Pre-seasoned Skillet because I was trying to show you how easy is to make a healthy and tasty dinner in no time using this awesome and very useful pan. I really recommend this pre-seasoned skillet because the food you make with it is much more flavorful.
I love one-pan meals because they don’t require a lot of ingredients and because they are very easy to put together. In this recipe, I used sweet potato and Brussels sprouts but you can replace these ingredients with butternut squash, green beans, and even broccoli. Just don’t say you won’t make this recipe because you don’t have sweet potato or Brussels sprouts. I top it with feta cheese because I really love the combo of feta and sweet potato. But of course, you can use another type of cheese like mozzarella. I think you should give this recipe a try and let me know in the comments below what you think about it. Have a lovely day!
Turkey Sausage Skillet with Brussel Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 160 g turkey Sausage
- ½ cup onions — chopped
- 2 cloves garlic — minced
- 2 cups sweet potatoes — diced
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts — chopped
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh green onions — chopped
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese — chopped
- In a large iron cast skillet, cook the turkey sausage over medium heat until browned. It will take about 10-15 minutes.
- Then transfer the sausages to a plate. When cool enough to handle, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices and set aside.
- Add onions to the skillet and cook until onions are soft and golden.
- Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add sweet potato and brussels sprouts and cook until soft. It is about 10-15 mins. In case you need, add a few tablespoons of water to help steam the sweet potato and the Brussels sprouts.
- Add reserved turkey sausage and stir well for 1 minute.
- Add salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste.
- If necessary, adjust seasoning and add more olive oil to add more flavor.
- Garnish with fresh green onions and feta cheese.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/4) — Calories: 191, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 45mg, Sodium: 500mg, Potassium: 481mg, Carbohydrates: 19g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 5g, Protein: 13g, Vitamin A: 194%, Vitamin C: 38%, Calcium: 12%, Iron: 8%
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
If you like this Turkey Sausage Skillet with Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
More Sweet Potato Recipes!