Crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, these Air Fryer Potato Wedges are always a hit with the family. They are so crispy without having to deep fry them at all! All you need are a few simple ingredients and you’ll have crispy potato wedges in only a few simple steps. It’s the perfect side dish for any meal.
These air fryer potato wedges are a classic recipe that is always a crowd-pleaser. These fool-proof potato wedges come out so crispy and tender thanks to the air fryer that you’re not going to want to make them any other way. Hefty potato slices seasoned to perfection, these wedges are a go-to for our family as kid-friendly but an adult-favourite too!
When I say these potatoes go with everything, I really mean everything! We love eating them with my Garlic Herb Butter Roast Chicken, Easy Low-carb Bunless Burgers Recipe, Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings, and Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs. But really, you could eat them on their own as a snack or a meal if you’re not in the mood to share them!
Want to know the secret to crispy potato wedges?
Soak your potatoes! Soaking the cut potatoes in cold water makes them crispier as it removes excess potato starch. This leads the air fryer potato wedges to become beyond crispy. Just make sure to pat dry the potatoes before you season them. If they’re still wet, the potatoes will steam instead of crisp up.
How to Make Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Russet potatoes — Make sure to use Russets potatoes. They’re dense, high in starch, and low in moisture leading the wedges to be firmer and crispier.
- Olive oil — Or whatever neutral oil you prefer.
- Seasoning — I season my air fryer potato wedges with paprika, garlic powder, dried oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Fresh parsley — I love the pop of colour that parsley adds as a garnish.
Prepare the Potatoes
- In a large bowl, add cold water and soak the potato wedges for 30 minutes.
- Drain very well and pat them dry with paper towels or a kitchen towel.
Place potatoes in a large bowl and toss potatoes with oil and seasonings.
Air Fry the Potatoes
- Preheat the air fryer if it is recommended for your model.
- Place the potatoes in a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook for 15 minutes.
- Shake the basket and then, cook for 10-12 minutes more or until crisp.
- Do not stack the potato wedges in the air fryer. You want the hot air from the air fryer to be able to reach the entire surface area of the potatoes. They will steam if you stack the potato wedges.
- Try to cut the potato wedges as evenly as possible so they cook evenly in the air fryer.
- Add a few extra minutes to the air fryer for even crispier fries.
- These potato wedges will keep in the fridge for up to 3 to 4 days. However, they will get soggy in the fridge so to crisp them back up, reheat them in the air fryer for a couple of minutes.
Which potato is best for wedges?
As I mentioned earlier, russet potatoes are ideal for wedges. If you use waxy potatoes, the moisture inside of them will evaporate as they cook and you’ll end up with hollow wedges. If you can’t find russet potatoes, Yukon gold potatoes work wonderfully as well.
Do I have to peel my potatoes for wedges?
It’s up to you! I like to keep the skin on as the potato skins crisp up really nicely and adds a delicious crunch.
How else can I season these fries?
- Use Italian seasoning instead of oregano.
- Add a pinch of cayenne powder to add some heat.
- Toss the air fried wedges with some parmesan cheese before serving.
- Try taco seasoning, cajun seasoning, or sriracha lime seasoning instead.
What are some dipping sauces for wedges?
- Honey mustard
- Garlic aioli
- BBQ sauce
- Yogurt sauce
- Sriracha sauce
Serving ideas for wedges
- Baked Chicken Wings Recipe: These homemade chicken wings are baked, not fried. They only need 4 ingredients and are whole30, paleo, and gluten-free.
- Skillet Chicken Fajitas Recipe: This Tex-Mex favorite is packed with fresh veggies and chicken. A side of wedges goes so well with them!
- Oven Baked Ribs: These are the easiest rib recipe you’ll ever make. Perfectly seasoned and super tender.
- Garlic Butter Baked Pork Chops: Juicy, tender, and super-flavourful, these pork chops are perfect with a side of air fryer potato wedges!
More Air Fryer Recipes to Try:
- Air Fryer Asparagus Recipe
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs Recipe
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast Recipe
- Air Fryer Chichen Wings Recipe
Air fryer Potato Wedges
- In a large bowl, add cold water and soak wedges for 30 minutes. Drain very well and pat them dry with paper towels or a kitchen towel.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl and toss potatoes with oil and seasonings.
- Preheat Air Fryer if it is recommended for your model. Place in a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook for 15 minutes. Shake the basket and then, cook for 10-12 minutes more or until crisp.
- Transfer cooked wedges to a serving bowl and garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!