Perfectly crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, this Air Fryer Baby Potatoes recipe is the perfect side dish for any meal. Quickly tossed in seasoning from the pantry and roasted in the air fryer, these baby potatoes come together in 20 minutes.
Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, this air fryer baby potato recipe is crisp, creamy, and addictive! They’re packed with flavour despite being so simple to toss together. They also pair wonderfully with pretty much everything, making it my go-to side dish when I’m unsure of what to make!
When I say these air fryer baby potatoes recipe is my new favorite way to cook potatoes an goes with everything, I really mean everything! We love eating them with my Garlic Butter Baked Pork Chops, Chicken and Bell Peppers Skillet, Pan Seared Steak With Mushrooms, and Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast. You can even eat them as a snack!
These air fryer roasted potatoes don’t need a lot to make them shine. They are make with simple ingredients and you will love how short the ingredient list is. It’s a fool-proof recipe that comes out perfectly ever time in the air fryer and you’ll want to make them again and again.
How To Make Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- Small baby potatoes — You can use whatever baby potatoes you’d like. You can even use baby red potatoes or a mix of gold, and purple potatoes if that’s what you have on hand.
- Oil — I like to use olive oil but you can use whatever oil you have on hand like coconut oil and avocado oil.
- Seasoning — I use a combination of paprika, oregano, salt, and pepper to season my baby potatoes. If you can also use garlic powder and onion powder if you have on hand.
Prepare the Potatoes
- In a large bowl, add potatoes, olive oil, paprika, black pepper, oregano and sprinkle some sea salt and pepper.
- Toss until well combined.
Air Fry the Baby Potatoes
- Place potatoes in the basket of the air fryer in a single layer and cook at 400°.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are golden and tender. Shake the air fryer basket halfway through. The potatoes are done when a fork goes in easily.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
- If you washed the potatoes beforehand, make sure to pat them dry before seasoning. This helps the seasoning sticks better to the baby potatoes. This will also prevent the potatoes from steaming in the air fryer.
- If you have too many baby potatoes, cook them in two batches so you don’t overcrowd them and they can crisp up. Remember you need to place the little potatoes in a even layer in the air fryer basket.
- Feel free to change the seasoning to what you have in your pantry! Italian seasoning, Cajun seasoning, lemon pepper seasoning, or a different mix of dried herbs are wonderful options.
- Add a pinch of cayenne powder or red chili flakes to add some heat to the potatoes.
- Feel free to add fresh herbs instead! Fresh thyme, fresh rosemary, or oregano will really make these air fryer baby potatoes shine.
- Add grated parmesan cheese for an extra tasty addition.
- When cutting the baby potatoes, try to keep them as uniform as possible so they cook evenly.
Shaking the basket helps the baby potatoes air fry more evenly!
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
What dipping sauces can I serve this with?
This air fryer baby potato recipe is perfect on its own but you can always serve it with a dip if you’d like. Some of my go-to are:
- Honey mustard
- Garlic aioli
- BBQ sauce
- Yogurt sauce
- Sriracha sauce
How to store and reheat leftovers
- To store: Leftover air fryer potatoes can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge/refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To reheat: Reheat them in the air fryer so they stay crispy. You can reheat them at 400° for 3 to 5 minutes.
Are air fryer baby potatoes healthy?
I would consider these baby potatoes healthy. They do not use a ton of oil to crisp up and are a delicious vegetable! It’s also naturally gluten-free and fits a lot of diets such as vegetarian or vegan.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you want to leave them whole, you can air fry the baby potatoes entirely. However, you will have to add additional time to the air frying time so they cook all the way through.
There is no need to boil the potatoes before air frying them. This recipe is meant to be a quick and easy side dish that you can toss in the air fryer and walk away from. They cook in around 15 minutes and it’s perfect for when you’re busy making dinner but forgot about a side dish!
There’s no need to soak these baby potatoes before air frying them.
It’s up to you! I like to keep the skin on as the potato skins crisp up really nicely and add a delicious crunch to the baby potatoes.
What to Serve This Air Fryer Baby Potato Recipe With
- Baked Chicken Wings Recipe: These homemade chicken wings are baked, not fried. They only need 4 ingredients and are whole30, paleo, and gluten-free.
- Garlic Shrimp Asparagus Skillet: A super-easy Garlic Shrimp Asparagus Skillet recipe that is low-carb, gluten-free, whole30, and paleo-friendly! Ready in 20 minutes!
- Dijon Mustard Salmon Recipe: Quick, easy, and full of flavor, this dijon mustard salmon comes together in as fast as 15 minutes. You’ll have dinner ready in a flash.
- Blackened Salmon Recipe: Crispy and flavourful, this blackened salmon recipe comes together in 15 minutes! You’ll want to make it again and again.
Watch the Web Story HERE.
Air Fryer Baby Potato
- 1.5 lb baby potatoes halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, add potatoes, olive oil, paprika, black pepper, oregano, salt and pepper. Toss all together to combine.
- Place potatoes in basket of air fryer and cook at 400° for 15-20 minutes. Shake basket half way through. Cook until potatoes are golden and tender.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
- Make sure the potatoes are dry before adding oil and seasoning so they stick better.
- Try to cut the potatoes as uniformly as possible so they cook evenly.
- Air fry in batches if needed to avoid overcrowding.
- To store: Place leftover potatoes in an airtight container in the first for up to 3 days.
- To reheat: Reheat leftover potatoes in the air fryer at 400° for 3 to 5 minutes.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
Leave a Comment