This crispy baked chicken wings recipe will help you make delicious wings without the grease. Make them for an easy dinner tonight or a game-day snack!
Chicken wings are such a great protein because they’re inexpensive, tender, and have so many flavor options. Unfortunately, deep-frying can be time-consuming and messy, and it uses so much oil. This recipe gives you that same crispy texture without all the hassle.
Another great thing about wings is that they make an easy weeknight dinner or a Sunday afternoon appetizer. There’s a reason they’re a popular choice for game day!
Using a flavorful spice blend means you can eat them as-is or pair them with a variety of dipping sauces. One thing’s for sure – this baked chicken wings recipe is sure to be a hit!
How to make our crispy baked chicken wings recipe
- Place the raw chicken wings into a large mixing bowl, then measure out your spices.
- Blend all the spices together in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the spice blend over the chicken and toss, making sure every piece is coated.
- Wrap a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a layer of parchment paper over the foil. Place a wire cooling rack on top.
- Place the chicken wings on the rack in a single layer.
- Bake at 425 degrees F. for 45-50 minutes, turning once about halfway through. Keep an eye on them towards the end, as baking time will depend on your oven. They should be a nice golden brown color when they’re done.
Recipe tips and notes
- Add a little oil if you wish: Apply a drizzle of oil to your chicken before tossing it with the spices. As a result, it will help the spices to stick to the meat. Also, it prevents them from burning while in the oven. If you decide to use oil, pat the wings dry with a paper towel first to reduce the moisture.
- Flip the chicken: Flipping the wings halfway through the baking process allows them to get crispy on both sides. Otherwise, one side will be extra crispy and the other will be like normal baked chicken.
- Tip for easy clean-up: Because the baking sheet is lined with foil and parchment paper, clean up couldn’t be any easier. You probably won’t even need to wash the pan itself!Place your cooling racks soak in hot soapy water, and they will clean up easily as well.
Frequently asked questions
How do I adjust the spice level?
Making the recipe as shown, the chicken will have some kick to it.
This being said, to increase the spice level, just add extra cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes. For a milder flavor, substitute paprika for the Cajun seasoning.
Can I use frozen wings to make this recipe?
Yes, but make sure to thaw them completely before preparing them. Putting them in the refrigerator overnight works well.
What should I serve with baked chicken wings?
If you plan to serve them for a meal, the wings are fantastic with a side of roasted vegetables, Kale Salad with Crispy Sweet Potato, a green salad, or even cauliflower rice or regular rice. For game night, try serving the wings with kale chips!
Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
- In a small bowl add black pepper, salt, garlic powder and Cajun seasoning. Mix well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add all chicken wings, and the mixture of spices. Mix everything very well to combine.
- Place the wings in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, remove from the oven, flip them and bake for more 15 to 20 minutes or until they're golden crisp. Time will depend on the power of your oven.
- Before serving, sprinkle with more salt and pepper if necessary and garnish with chopped green onions.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!