This delicious Strawberry Papaya Smoothie is dairy-free and loaded with vitamins and fiber. Enjoy!
Nothing better than a delicious, frozen smoothie to get refreshed in the hot summer days. Papaya is a juicy and sweet tropical fruit that always brings me amazing childhood memories from Brazil. My mom used to make papaya smoothies for my sister and I all year long.
We lived in a very tropical city and for this reason, papaya and coconut were found easily everywhere you went. When I moved to Canada, I was glad to see all these fruits here as well.
But I’ve got to be honest, sometimes the mangos, papayas, and pineapples are not as sweet and tasty as they are in South America since they are picked before they are ripe.
It must be picked this way because they travel a long way to come here. Otherwise, they would arrive rotten. But I still enjoy tropical fruits here in Canada and I always try to add them into my meals.
Now that it’s strawberry season, I’m so excited to make this smoothie with super ripe strawberries. Remember, the redder they are, the riper they are! If you went strawberry picking and have a ton on hand, you should try my Low-carb No Bake Chocolate Strawberry Bars, Low-Carb Strawberry Coconut Scones, Dairy-Free Strawberry Ice Cream, or these 10 Healthy Strawberry Summer Treats.
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
About the recipe, I never add sugar in any of my smoothies and other recipes like my peanut butter waffles and peanut butter chocolate chips pancakes because some of the ingredients of these recipes already have a natural sweetness such as fruits and coconut milk. But, of course, if you prefer a sweeter smoothie, you can add 1 or 2 tablespoons of sugar.
I also added a little bit of cinnamon because I just think it goes really well with papayas. But it is totally up to you. In case you don’t have papaya or it is difficult to find in your city, try to use mango. I bet it will be delicious as well.
Strawberries and papaya or strawberries and mango are always a great combination. The nicest thing about making smoothies is the flavorful and different amount of combos you can try.
The Best Blender for Smoothie:
If you don’t like smoothie with lots of lumps, you’ll love these two blenders.
- NutriBullet: It allows you to blend in the cup you’ll be drinking from. It’s so practical and makes clean up a breeze. Have a delicious breakfast and don’t worry about cleaning lots of dishes.
- Vitamix: This is the most powerful blender ever. You can easily crush ice into a drinkable slush and cut through frozen fruits, nut and seeds well. I make smoothies, my low-carb blueberry muffins, my mashed cauliflower and lots of soups with it. It’s also make sauces, spreads and digs. I love it so much and really recommend it.
I hope you love this dairy-free, loaded with vitamins, and fiber Strawberry Papaya Smoothie today. Just try it and tell me how yours end up 😉
Strawberry Papaya Smoothie
- 3/4 cup papaya peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 cups coconut milk (more or less depending how think you like your smoothie)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon optional
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients.
- Cover and blend until smooth for about 30 seconds or so.
- Taste to adjust flavor and serve immediately. Enjoy.
- You can freeze the banana the night before or for a few hours ahead of making the smoothie. A frozen banana adds a lot of creaminess, so don't skip it!
- If you do not have fresh strawberries, you can use frozen strawberries.
- If you cannot find papaya, you can swap for mango.
- To store: You can store the smoothie for an extra day in the fridge but you'll have to give it a mix as the smoothie may separate in the fridge.
- To freeze: Freeze the smoothie in an airtight container with some space on top as the smoothie will expand. You can also freeze just the fruit ahead of time.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
If you like this Strawberry Papaya Smoothie recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
Thanks a lot for coming over today!
More Smoothie recipe!
What about a delicious Spicy Pineapple Peach Smoothie for your breakfast? This looks delicious and dairy-free!
For more delicious breakfast recipes you should take a look at this vegan and gluten-free chocolate peanut butter smoothie.
And what about have this Strawberry Coconut Chia pudding! It is the easiest and healthy recipe ever. It is made with chia, coconut milk, and strawberry! Gluten-free and dairy-free!
Leave a Comment