An easy Low-carb Almond Butter Chocolate Truffles filled with a creamy center, shredded coconut, chocolate chips and sliced almonds. It’s also gluten/egg/dairy-free!
I don’t know about you, but I love this time of the year because I get all excited for all the festivities with family and friends. I feel so happy to be around people that I love. This year we’re spending Christmas and New Year’s Eve here in Brazil with my family and we are already enjoying all the preparations for these two holidays. We put up the tree and my sister’s home is all decorated. It’s hard though to keep all the Christmas ornaments in the right place when you have small kids in the house. But it’s all good 😉
This weekend I was testing some new baking recipes for Christmas. Some cookies were amazing! Other not so much! But our favourite was these Low-Carb Almond Butter Chocolate Truffles. They were so delicious that in two days they disappeared. I’m not kidding!
The good thing is these Low-carb Almond Butter Chocolate Truffles are healthier than the tradicional truffle recipes because I made them with good-for-you ingredients such as almond butter, sugar-free chocolate chips, unsweetened shredded coconut and sliced almonds. These truffles are also gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo-friendly.
They were insanely good!! I made these Low-carb Almond Butter Chocolate Truffles with ingredients I already had on hand and it took me only 10 minutes to prepare them. It’s so easy and you don’t even need to bake.
You just need to add all the ingredients into a bowl, mix well and with your hands form the dough into small balls. Then you will freeze them for 20 minutes and cover them with melted chocolate. It’s incredibly easy that even your kids can help you. Perfect treat for your Christmas Eve dinner party! Enjoy!
Watch Below How to Make these Low-Carb Almond Butter Chocolate Truffles.
Low-Carb Almond Butter Chocolate Truffles
- In a large bowl, add almond butter, shredded coconut, sliced almond, ½ cup chocolate chips and butter together. Mix well until combine.
- The dough will be a bit running. Cover the dough tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Using a cookie scoop, or your hands, form into small balls.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt ¾ cup chocolate chips.
- Heat for 1 minute.
- Remove from the microwave and stir.
- Return it to the microwave and repeat, stopping to stir every 15-seconds until the mixture is totally melted.
- Dip the truffles in the melted chocolate, and then return to freezer to harden.
- Store the truffles in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/15) — Calories: 165, Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 2mg, Sodium: 7mg, Carbohydrates: 9g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 1g, Protein: 4g
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
And if you like this Low-Carb Almond Butter Chocolate Truffles recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.