Let’s enjoy the nice weather making this quick and easy grilled fish tacos today!!
In February I was invited to try a grilling class at the Weber Grill Academy and I had an amazing experience. At the end of this fun night, I received a brand new Weber Q 1200 grill in my favorite color blue, to test out at home. However the weather was pretty cold here until the end of April. So, it is only recently that I had the chance to use for the first time my Weber Q 1200 grill.It has a built-in thermometer right on the hood that helps you to know the exact temperature of the grill. Also there are side tables that are great to put plates, utensils and even ingredients. These two tables also fold out and fold in. It comes with porcelain enameled cast-iron cooking grates, which is great for cleaning after simply by removing the grills and washing them in the sink. The enameled grills mean that water will not make them rust when exposed to water. Also the grill is equipped with an electronic ignition, which is very convenient, reliable, and safe. To be very honest with you guys, I’ve never grilled anything before because in my home my husband is the one who does all the grilling, because he loves everything that involves BBQ. I’ve never been curious to learn how to use our BBQ. For this reason I didn’t think I was going to be using it by myself. I thought my husband was going to grill a lot. However, when my husband finished to assemble it (by the way it was very simple and easy to assemble) immediately I had the feeling that I should be the one using it for the first time and I LOVED IT.So, this easy grilled fish tacos recipe was the first recipe that I made using my Q 1200 and I was impressed by the performance of this compact grill because it puts out a nice heat. I can’t wait to make more grill recipes for this blog.
These grilled fish tacos are healthier because the fish is not fried. The codfish is marinade in citrus mixture and the tacos are topped with diced avocado and a quick and easy cabbage slaw. You also can top your tacos with sour cream, hot sauce, and mango salsa. I am sure it will be a delicious and light meal for your patio summer party. Serve it up with this Chopped Red Cabbage Kale Salad!
- 1/2 small red cabbage sliced thin
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a medium skillet add olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper and whisk all together.
- Place fish in a large plate and pour the marinade mixture over fish.
- Refrigerate and let marinate at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Brush grill grates with oil and place fish on grill. Grill until cooked through. It is about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a plate, break into pieces and set aside.
- In the same grill over medium-high heat, warm the tortillas for about 2 minutes each side. It is better if you add 1 tortilla at a time.
For the red cabbage slaw:
- In a bowl, add cabbage, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- To construct a taco, break up some of the cooked fish, place it in a warm tortilla, and top it with slaw and any optional garnishes.
- Pat dry the fish before adding the marinade so it removes excess moisture.
- Avoid moving the fish too much on the grill pan to keep it from falling apart.
- If you do not have a grill pan, a cast iron or non-stick pan would be fine.
- To store: Store the slaw in an airtight container in the fridge. The fish can be stored in a separate container. Eat within 3 days.
- To reheat: You can reheat the fish in the microwave or enjoy it chilled.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
If you like Almond Cake with Berries recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
Disclosure: I was invited by Weber-Stephen Canada Co. to attend the Weber Grill Academy grilling class and was gifted a Q1200 grill. I was not compensated in any way for this post. All opinions expressed are my own.