Make this Easy Oven Pork Chop recipe in less than 20 minutes and have this delicious, juicy and tender pork chop for dinner tonight!
After the huge success of my Garlic Butter Baked Pork Chops (Web Story) recipe that I posted last October, I decided to create another pork chop dish for you because I know you all will love this Easy Oven Pork Chop recipe as much as the first one.
This time I decided to make it even more simple, but yet delicious using paprika powder and Italian seasoning. Two ingredients that add lots of flavour to any kind of meat! Don’t believe me? Have you tried my Spicy Chicken Meal-Prep Bowls? The chicken is to die for, especially because of the sweet paprika I used. But if you don’t have paprika powder in your kitchen, I’ll give you some other spice ideas below that go really well with pork chops. As you can see, no excuses here, right?
What spices are good on pork chops?
One of the reasons I love to make oven pork chops recipe it’s because it goes well with absolutely any kind of spices you have in your pantry such as:
- Sweet paprika, as I mentioned before.
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Fresh or dried herbs like: thyme, rosemary, parsley, oregano.
- Even cumin and coriander
How do I cook bone in pork chops in the oven?
- First, preheat oven to 375°F and then start by seasoning pork chops with salt, black pepper, Italian seasoning, paprika and garlic powder or any other spice you have on hand. The possibility is endless here 😉
- Using a cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. When the pan smokes just a bit, it’s a sign that it’s properly heated and it’s time to place the pork chops in the hot skillet and cook for about 2-4 minutes each side or until the they get a nice crust.
- Now it’s time to pour butter over the pork chops and place skillet in the oven for about 10-12 minutes or until pork chops get the internal temperature of 145ºF.
- When it’s done, remove from the oven and using, pour some of the melted butter left in the skillet onto the pork chops before serving. Let it rest for a bit and serve with mashed cauliflower, Roasted Butternut Squash Mash, roasted brussels sprouts or asparagus or green beans and salads (rice or quinoa are great options too if you’re not on a low-carb and paleo diet).
How do you make juicy oven pork chops recipe?
You definitely have to use pork chops that contain a little bit of fat because it helps keep them moist, and also use bone-in chops for their juiciness. These two things are very important but also if you follow few of these tips below, I’m sure your oven pork chop recipe will be so juicy.
- Use butter and olive oil– These two good quality fats will not only make your pork chops juicy, but also tasty since the oil or butter helps the seasonings to stick to the pork.
- Cook in the oven for 10-12 minutes– So many people overcook pork chops and that’s why they get dry. Don’t do that. To make sure it’s done, use a food thermometer to check their internal temperature. It’s cooked when it gets to the internal temperature of 145F.
- Cook with bone-in pork chops– It’s true! Bone-in pork chops have a little bit of extra fat that makes them super juicy and flavourful when cooked in the oven.
- Let it rest– When you cook any meat (steaks, pork chops, chicken breast as so on), you should let it rest cause it helps to keep meat moist, tender and more flavourful.
I hope with these simple tips your oven pork chop recipe will taste heavenly GOOD! Let me know in the comments below how your turned out 😉
Another Great Pork Chop Recipe to Try:
Easy Oven Pork Chop Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Season pork chops with salt, black pepper, Italian seasoning, paprika and garlic powder and set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. When the skillet is really hot add pork chops. Sear until they become brown-golden. It’s about 2-4 minutes each side (time will depend on the thickness of the pork chops).
- Pour butter over the pork chops.
- Place skillet in the oven and cook until cooked through. It’s about 10-12 minutes or until pork chops get the internal temperature of 145F (Don’t overcook, otherwise they’ll be dry).
- Remove from the oven. Using a spoon, pour some of the melted butter left in the skillet onto the pork chops before serving.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!