Roasted Green Beans with Spicy Tahini Sauce is the perfect side dish for any occasion. It goes well with fish, chicken and meat. (Low-carb, Paleo, Whole30, Gluten-free)
Although green beans are available all year long and you can find it in everywhere grocery store and supermarket, it’s always better to eat them on the peak season, which is from May to September. They are much fresher and crunchy during these months and they’re always a great side dish for any kind of meat and BBQ. Besides that, this veggie is low in calories, in sugar and it’s full of fiber, vitamin K, C and A.
You can cook it in so many ways like sauté, steam, roasted or even in boiled water for only few minutes. I normally like them tender so I roast them for only 10 minutes in the oven with salt, pepper and olive oil or sauté for 7 minutes. Done! Few days ago I was preparing again my roasted green beans when I thought about adding some sauce on top of it because I wanted to innovate a lit bit. I looked inside of my pantry and the saw my tahini paste jar waiting to be used. So I made this quick sauce using a Whole30 approved hot sauce, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper and olive oil. I blended everything in my awesome blender for 1 minute and done. In 1-minute I have a delicious sauce to enjoy along my roasted green beans.
Where can I find Tahini Paste?
You can easily find Tahini paste atyour local store in the same aisle as the nuts and seeds and nut butters. Also it can be found in any healthy food store too. If you can’t find it in your neighbourhood easily you can order it online at Amazon for a good price. Now that Amazon has Amazon Prime we can have anything in less than 2 days or sometimes even the same day depending on what time of the day your order it. Check it out here.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page here.
You can serve this Roasted Green Beans with Spicy Tahini Sauce with:
- Broil Salmon – This is our favorite way to cook and eat salmon – quick, easy and delicious)
- Paleo Lemon Roasted Breast Chicken – It only takes 25 minutes to make this chicken breast recipe in the oven.
- Rosemary Lemon Roasted Chicken Breasts – This combo of rosemary and lemon makes any recipes amazing.
Roasted Green Beans with Spicy Tahini Sauce
For the Roasted Green Beans
For the Green Beans:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a large sheet pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Add green beans, olive oil, salt and pepper and Italian seasoning on the baking sheet. Mix everything together. Spread everything out in an even layer and roast for 10-12 minutes or until it’s tender.
- While the green beans are in the oven, go ahead and prepare the spicy tahini sauce.
For the Spicy Tahini Sauce:
- In a blender jar add all the ingredients listed for the spicy tahini sauce. Blend until is creamy and smooth. It’s about 1 minute. Scrape the sides of the blender jar periodically while blending it.
- If sauce is too thick, slowly add more water until it reaches consistency you prefer.
- Top it over the roasted green beans and garnish with fresh parsley.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
And if you like this Roasted Green Beans with Spicy Tahini Sauce recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletterand follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebookfor all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.