Plan ahead for the week with these whole30, paleo-friendly, gluten-free, and low-carb Spicy Chicken Meal-Prep Bowls packed with spicy chicken, roasted green beans, broccoli, and mashed cauliflower.
I have to confess that I’m really enjoying making meal-preps for the week on Sundays. My life in the kitchen during the week has been so much easier. I don’t need to think about what to pack for my husband’s lunch or what to make for lunch for my son and myself. Also, when you have healthy meals on hand, you won’t end up buying processed foods loaded with salt, preservatives, and artificial flavors. Stay ahead of the game. It’s amazing to stay on track.
Some people say they don’t like to spend their free time on Sundays in the kitchen cooking, but actually, you don’t need to spend more than one hour making it. I think it’s well worth the extra effort to meal-prep on the weekend and have your week’s meals planned. This way your week will be less busy and you’ll have more time to enjoy your family, eat healthier, and save some money. It’s a win-win situation all around.
These Spicy Chicken Meal-Prep Bowls are great to make if you love a very seasoned and wow-tasting chicken recipe because they’re loaded with spices such as coriander, paprika, powder onion and crushed red pepper. The veggies are drizzled with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper. You roasted the chicken for 15 minutes, then add the veggies and roast everything together for 10 minutes more. If you like tender roasted veggies, this is the way to go.
While the veggies are in the oven you can prepare the “mashed” cauliflower, which is very easy to make. You’re going to steam it until the cauliflower is fork tender and when the cauliflower cools down you’re going to slowly start to mash the cauliflower with an immersion blender. When the cauliflower is completely smooth, you’re going to add butter, cream cheese, garlic clove, Parmesan, salt, and ground black pepper and stir well to combine. So easy and I promise you it tastes really good.
Why I prefer to use glass food container to store my meal-prep recipes
There is no secret that I love using glass containers when it comes to store my meal-prep recipes and here are few reasons why:
- The chemicals from plastic containers may migrate from the plastic, into your food when you reheat your food in plastic containers and also it cab be and glass can be safely washed at high temperatures.
- Glass is easier to clean then plastic because it doesn’t stain. Glass containers don’t absorb food like plastic does.
- You don’t need to wait for the food to cool down completely to put it inside of a glass container.
- And finally glass containers are better for the environment because up to 80% of all recycled glass can be reclaimed, which is a high number when we compare with plastic since not all plastic can be recycled.
More healthy recipes that are perfect for your weekday meal-prep:
- Garlic Shrimp Asparagus Skillet: This one of my favorite recipes to make when I am meal-prepping for the week because it’s super healthy and it takes only 20 minutes to be done and ready. We don’t want to spend our whole Sunday in the kitchen, right?
- Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet: This recipe is very popular on the blog and I think because it only requires few and simple ingredients we all have in the kitchen. Also, it’s great as leftovers.
- Garlic Butter Salmon in Foil: This recipe is amazing as leftovers and I love to serve it with some cauliflower rice. Yummy! Serve with salads, cauliflower riceor even mashed cauliflower.
- Low-carb Chicken Zucchini Enchilada: It’s made with “zucchini tortillas” and believe or not it’s absolutely great as leftovers.
- 4-Ingredient Chicken Zucchini Rolls: This recipe is amazing because, it’s only made with 4 ingredients, it’s very easy to make and it’s healthy, gluten-free, and low-carb.
Here’s what I love about this Spicy Chicken Meal-Prep Bowls recipe:
- It is easy and quick.
- It is versatile. You can use any type of veggies here to go along the chicken.
- It is paleo, whole30, low-carb, keto and gluten-free.
- It’s flavorful with lots of spices.
I’m sure this Spicy Chicken Meal-Prep Bowls recipe will make your day and week run a lot smoother. Please give it a try!
Watch below how to make this Spicy Chicken Meal-Prep Bowls recipe.
Spicy Chicken Meal-Prep Bowls
For the chicken and veggies
For the chicken and veggies
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, place chicken with 1 tablespoon olive oil, thyme, paprika, onion powder, coriander, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper. Toss everything together and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add all the veggies and season with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Remove the sheet from the oven and place all the veggies on the same baking sheet. Spread everything out in an even layer and roast for 10 minutes more.
- While the chicken and the veggies are in the oven, go ahead and prepare the mashed cauliflower.
For the mashed cauliflower
- First, fill a large pot with about 2 cups of water and bring it to a boil.
- Then, place a steamer basket in the bottom of the pot.
- Add the cauliflower florets into the steamer basket.
- Cover the pot and steam until the cauliflower is fork tender (6-8 minutes). Remove from the heat, uncover the pot (this step is important) and let the cauliflower cool down for 5 minutes.
- Place the steamed cauliflower and garlic in a blender jar and blend until the cauliflower is completely smooth. Transfer to a bowl and add butter (ghee), mayo, salt, and ground black pepper and stir well to combine.
- Taste to adjust the seasoning.
- Place an even amount chicken, veggies, and mashed cauliflower into 4 different glass containers. Cover with the lid and place in the fridge for up 4 days. Heat in the microwave for about 1.5 or 2 minutes. The time will depend on the power of your microwave.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/4) — Calories: 437, Fat: 24g, Saturated Fat: 10g, Cholesterol: 122mg, Sodium: 700mg, Carbohydrates: 13g, Fiber: 7g, Sugar: 6g, Protein: 39g
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
And if you like this Spicy Chicken Meal-Prep Bowls recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.