Plan ahead for the week with these whole30, paleo-friendly, gluten-free, and low-carb Spicy Chicken Meal-Prep Bowls packed with spicy chicken, roasted green beans, broccoli, and mashed cauliflower.
I have to confess that I’m really enjoying making meal-preps for the week on Sundays. My life in the kitchen during the week has been so much easier. I don’t need to think about what to pack for my husband’s lunch or what to make for lunch for my son and myself. Also, when you have healthy meals on hand, you won’t end up buying processed foods loaded with salt, preservatives, and artificial flavors. Get ahead of the game. It’s amazing to stay on track.
Some people say they don’t like to spend their free time on Sundays in the kitchen cooking, but actually, you don’t need to spend more than one hour making it. I think it’s well worth the extra effort to meal-prep on the weekend and have your week’s meals planned. This way, your week will be less busy, and you’ll have more time to enjoy your family, eat healthier, and save some money. It’s a win-win situation all around.
This Chicken Meal-Prep recipe is great to make if you love a well-seasoned and wow-tasting chicken recipe because it’s loaded with spices, such as coriander, paprika, onion powder, and crushed red pepper. The veggies are drizzled with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper. You roast the chicken for 15 minutes, then add the veggies, and roast everything together for 10 minutes more. If you like tender roasted veggies, this is the way to go.
To make my week easier, I’ve been meal prepping more often. For example, I’ve been making my Spicy Salmon Vegetable Meal-Prep Bowls, One-Pan Chicken and Cabbage, One-Pan Italian Sausage Meal-Prep Bowls, and Low-Carb Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies have really made my life easier.
While the veggies are in the oven, prepare the “mashed” cauliflower, which is very easy to make. Steam it until the cauliflower is fork-tender, and when the cauliflower cools, slowly mash it with an immersion blender. When the cauliflower is completely smooth, add clarified butter, whole30 mayo, garlic, salt, and ground black pepper, and stir well to combine. So easy, and I promise you it tastes really good!!
Why I prefer to use glass food containers to store my meal-prep recipes:
There is no secret that I love using glass containers when it comes to storing my meal-prep recipes, and here are a few reasons why:
- The chemicals from plastic containers may leach from the plastic into your food when you reheat your food in the microwave.
- Glass is easier to clean than plastic because it doesn’t stain and can be safely washed at high temperatures.
- Glass containers don’t absorb food as plastic does.
- You don’t need to wait for the food to cool completely to put it inside the glass container.
- And finally, glass containers are better for the environment because up to 80% of all recycled glass can be reclaimed, which is a high number compared with plastic since not all plastics can be recycled.
More chicken meal prep ideas that are perfect for your weekday meals:
- Chicken Fajita Meal Prep Bowls: This recipe is served with cauliflower mash to create a complete, low-carb lunch for the entire week. It’s also whole30, paleo, and gluten-free!
- Garlic Butter Baked Chicken Breast: Tender, juicy chicken breast that’s packed with flavour from the garlic butter sauce. It’s totally a win-win!
- Low-carb Chicken Zucchini Enchilada: These enchiladas are made with “zucchini tortillas,” and believe it or not, they are absolutely great as leftovers.
- 4-Ingredient Chicken Zucchini Rolls: This recipe is amazing because it needs only 4 ingredients, so it’s very easy to make and is healthy, gluten-free, and low-carb.
Here’s what I love about this chicken meal-prep recipe:
- It is quick and easy.
- You can use any veggies to go along the chicken.
- It is paleo, whole30, low-carb, keto, and gluten-free.
- The spices make it flavourful.
I’m sure these Spicy Chicken Meal-Prep Bowls will make your day and week run a lot smoother. Please give them a try! Want another easy meal prep bowl? Try my Ground Turkey Cauliflower Rice Veggie Bowls!
See below for how to make this Spicy Chicken Meal-Prep Bowls recipe:
Spicy Chicken Meal-Prep Bowls
For the chicken and veggies
For the chicken and veggies
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- In a medium bowl, place the chicken with 1 tablespoon olive oil, thyme, paprika, onion powder, coriander, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper. Toss everything together, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add all the veggies, and season with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Remove the sheet from the oven, and place all the veggies on the same baking sheet. Spread everything out in an even layer, and roast for 10 minutes more.
- While the chicken and veggies are in the oven, prepare the mashed cauliflower.
For the mashed cauliflower
- Fill a large pot with about 2 cups of water, and bring it to a boil.
- Then, place a steamer basket in the bottom of the pot.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the steamer basket.
- Cover the pot, and steam until the cauliflower is fork-tender, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from the heat, uncover the pot (this step is important), and let the cauliflower cool for 5 minutes.
- Place the steamed cauliflower and garlic in a blender jar, and blend until the cauliflower is completely smooth. Transfer to a bowl, add the clarified butter, mayo, salt, and ground black pepper, and stir well to combine.
- Taste to adjust the seasoning.
- Place an even amount of chicken, veggies, and mashed cauliflower into 4 glass containers. Cover with the lid, and place in the fridge for up 4 days. Heat in the microwave for about 1½-2 minutes. The time depends on the power of your microwave.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
If you like this Chicken Meal-Prep recipe, please share it with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter, and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipe updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.