Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower Rice to go with absolutely almost everything from steak to chicken, to fish, to shrimp. It’s roasted for about 20 minutes and it’s super flavourful with lots of olive oil, garlic, parmesan, fresh parsley and salt and black pepper.
I love cauliflower rice and I’m guessing if you are visiting this recipe post you probably like it too or at least you’re curious to know how to make it. Nowadays, many supermarkets carry it already chopped like a “rice” consistency.
I normally find it at the chopped veggies section at my local grocery store. I have to say that it’s a little more expensive than the actual cauliflower head, but I think it’s worth the price because it is a super time saver. But you can also make your own with the help of a food processor. See the instructions below.
How to make this Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower Rice recipe?
- First, I cut a medium cauliflower head into florets and roasted them for about 20-25 minutes.
- After that I just added the florets in a food processor and pulsed it for about 20 seconds. It’s more than enough time to turn the florets into “rice”. If you pulse it for more than that your cauliflower “rice” would become cauliflower “mashed”.
- Finally I transferred the cauliflower “rice” to a medium bowl and season it with parmesan and fresh chopped parsley. So good!
It’s also a great addition to your salad. If you love quinoa for example but at this moment you are on a low-carb diet, you can replace quinoa for cauliflower rice. Awesome, right?! If I were you I would run to the kitchen right now to make this recipe for dinner tonight. Enjoy!
Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- 1 medium-big cauliflower head — cut into florets
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic — chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese — you may add more or less. It depends on the size of the cauliflower
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnishing
Preheat oven to 425ºF.
Add the cauliflower florets (spread out in a single layer), olive oil, garlic, salt and black pepper on the prepared sheet pan.
Roast the florets for about 20-25 minutes or until tender and gold.
Remove the cauliflower from the oven and add it in the food processor.
Pulse the cauliflower florets in a food processor for about 25-30 seconds until it's a rice-like consistency.
Place the cauliflower rice in a bowl and add Parmesan cheese and garnish with chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/4) — Calories: 275, Fat: 19g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 24mg, Sodium: 634mg, Carbohydrates: 13g, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 5g, Protein: 17g
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
And if you like this Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower Rice recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.