Keto chili has all the great flavors of traditional chili without the extra carbs. Enjoy this healthy recipe that gives you everything you crave on cold evenings.
Thai is a favorite in our home and made weekly. If you love chili recipes as much as we do try this Easy Whole30 Sweet Potato Chili, No Bean Whole30 Butternut Squash Chili and Easy Whole30 Pumpkin Chili Recipe.
Beans may be a staple chili ingredient, but we can still make chili while maintaining a low carb diet. The spices give it that authentic chili taste and cauliflower rice and ground beef create the thick consistency you expect.
This amazing keto chili is made in less than 30 minutes when you use your Instant Pot. Besides being low carb, it’s also gluten free and fits with both paleo and Whole30 eating plans. This one pan meal is filling and will quickly become your favorite way to eat chili.
What is in keto chili?
With just a few easy substitutions, you can eat this Instant Pot keto chili any time.
Use the following ingredients to keep it keto-friendly:
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
- Red onion
- Green peppers
- Ground beef (Look for beef that is grass fed and hormone and antibiotic free. Ground beef has lots of the good fats that you need on the keto diet.)
- Diced tomatoes (despite being a fruit, tomatoes are low in fat and carbs and are compliant with the keto diet)
- Tomato sauce
- Cauliflower rice
You’ll notice that there are no beans in this keto chili. Beans are high in carbs so we need to replace them in this dish. The cauliflower rice brings lots of texture to the keto chili. Need another keto friendly recipe for dinner for the week? Check out my 30 Keto Dinner Ideas You Can Make in 30 minutes.
Alternative cooking methods
Instant Pot keto chili is not only delicious, but cooked in less than 30 minutes. Of course, if you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can still make this keto chili.
On the stove top, follow the same basic method. Saute the veggies and the ground beef first. Add all the other ingredients and let it simmer for at least 30 minutes. You can let it simmer for up to two hours to let the flavors really meld together.
You can also cook this in your slow cooker. I still recommend you saute the veggies and brown the beef before dumping it all in the crock pot. Then let it cook on low for six hours or high for three hours.
Toppings for keto chili
Let everyone customize their keo chili with lots of topping options. It’s easy to double this recipe when using an Instant Pot, making this a perfect meal for a party. Make a toppings bar to please even the most selective eater.
- Avocado slices
- Sour cream (contains dairy if you are avoiding that)
Storing Instant Pot Keto Chili
Chili is easy to store, making it great for meal prep.
This chili will last in the refrigerator for five days and in the freezer for five months.
Need some ideas of what else to eat for the day? Try my Keto Avocado Green Smoothie for breakfast and Keto Chocolate Bars Recipe for dessert after the chili!
More Chili Recipes to Try:
- Top 10 Healthy Chili Recipes You Must Try This Fall
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chili Recipe
- Slow Cooker Beet Chili Recipe
- Super Easy Slow Cooker Chili
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Chili
- Keto Low Carb Chili
Instant Pot Keto Chili Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup red onion chopped
- 1 ½ cup green bell pepper chopped
- 4 ribs of celery chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef I highly recommend the 100% grass fed, hormone and antibiotic free beef from ButcherBox
- 28 ounce (1 can) diced tomatoes
- 2 cups sugar-free tomato sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano
- ½ tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups cauliflower rice cooked or raw
- Set Instant Pot to sauté and pour olive oil into the pot and allow to heat for 2 minutes.
- Add add red onions, green bell pepper, celery and garlic. Sauté until they get tender. It’s about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add salt and black pepper and mix all together. Add ground beef and using a wooden spoon break it up. Cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, all the spices and chicken broth. Mix all together until combine and turn off the pot.
- Put on the lid, lock it and check to see if the vent is at sealing. Set to manual high pressure for 15 minutes. Mine took about 15 minutes to reach pressure. After the 15 minutes is up, do a Quick Release, which means move the valve to venting to release the steam.
- When all the steam is gone, open the instant pot and add cauliflower rice.
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté mode and sauté it for 5 minutes or until the cauliflower rice is tender.
- Serve in a bowl with avocado slices, chopped cilantro, jalapenos, cheese and sour cream (if you’re eating dairy).
- Place an even amount of keto chili into 6 different 4 cup capacity storage glass containers. Cover with the lid, and place in the fridge for up 5 days or frozen for up to 5 months.
- It's normal for the Instant Pot to take time to pressure up.
- Feel free to swap the ground beef for another ground meat.
- To store: Store leftover keto chili for up to 4 days in the fridge. Try to keep the toppings off the chili if you plan on refrigerating it for later.
- To reheat: Reheat the chili in the microwave or stovetop.
- To freeze: Freeze leftover chili in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
Leave a Comment