You’ll be amazed by this easy Whole30 Pumpkin Chili. It’s all ground turkey, veggies and bean-free, but I guaranteed you won’t even miss them because this is even better than the traditional recipe.
Yes I know, here I am with another Whole30 chili recipe. Last week I shared with you this DELICIOUS Whole30 Sweet Potato Chilit hat is absolutely creamy and full of flavor. And today I’m sharing this Whole30 Pumpkin Chili, because I know you all you’ll love it as much as you love my other chili recipes.
This one is loaded with ground turkey, veggies, spices and of course pumpkin puree. But don’t be afraid of the pumpkin puree in here. The flavour of the pumpkin puree blends so well with all the spices in there. Also it’s great to add it in the recipe to make it even creamier. So good! Believe me… Your belly will thank you. And this Whole30 Pumpkin Chili is amazing even without the beans, making it a perfect paleo, whole30 and low-carb meal.
How do you make good homemade chili?
Homemade chilli is one of the easiest recipes to make. Just follow the steps and you’ll have a hearty meal to serve for dinner this week.
- The first step is to cook the meat in a Dutch oven pot or Instant Pot or Slow Cooker over medium heat. For my Whole30 Pumpkin Chili, I used ground turkey (you can also cook this recipe with ground beef, chuck roast and/or shredded chicken breast) and I cooked it in a Dutch Oven Pot.
- Then, add your veggies. Cook for a few minutes or until they start to soften and add your spices and stir until everything is well coated.
- Add the broth, the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and pumpkin puree. Bring the mixture to a boil, hen reduce to low heat and cook for about 40 minutes. Done!
What Veggies Go Well in a Chili?
I love add lots of veggies in my chili recipes because they always bring lots of nutrients and flavour to any dish. But for me the best veggies that go well in a chili is:
- Bell Pepper
- Butternut Squash
- Sweet Potato
- Avocado and Jalapeño for garnishing
What are the main spices in this Whole30 Pumpkin Chili?
You can add all the spices you normally use to make your Mexican dishes such as chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper cumin and coriander. I like to season my chilli recipes with red pepper flakes, cumin, coriander, paprika, salt and black pepper. But you can also use taco seasonings and it will taste great too.
Can I make this Whole30 Pumpkin Chili in an Instant Pot?
Absolutely! Follow the steps below to make it in an Instant Pot.
- First, set your Instant Pot to sauté. Add the olive oil and when the oil is hot add celery, red onion and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- After that, sauté garlic for 30 seconds and add ground turkey. Cook the meat for about 5-7 minutes. Don’t forget to break up the turkey with a wooden spoon, until the turkey is cooked through.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (not the toppings), mix everything well, cover, seal, and set to cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Quick release to vent the remaining pressure immediately. If the chili is too thick after cooking, just stir well and add a little bit more of broth to get to your desired consistency.
Can I make this Whole30 Pumpkin Chili in a Slow Cooker?
Yes, you can make this creamy and super flavourful Whole30 Pumpkin Chili in your Slow Cooker. You just need to add olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add celery, red onion and sauté for few minutes. Then, sauté garlic for 30 seconds. Add ground turkey to the skillet and cook, breaking up the turkey with a wooden spoon, until the turkey is cooked through. Transfer everything to a greasy 6-quart slow cooker and place the rest of the ingredients (not the topping). Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
Easy Whole30 Pumpkin Chili
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup celery - diced
- ½ cup red onion - chopped
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 lb grass-fed ground turkey
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 ⁄2 tsp ground coriander
- Salt and black pepper
- ½ cup red bell pepper - chopped
- 4 ½ cups sweet potato - diced
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 cups diced tomato with juice - if you are using diced tomato from a can
- 1 cup tomato sauce - any tomato sauce that doesn’t contain sugar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Fresh cilantro - jalapeño and avocado for garnishing
- In a large Dutch Oven Pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add celery, red onion and sauté for 3 minutes. Then, add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds longer.
- Add ground turkey and cook, breaking up the turkey with a wooden spoon, until the turkey is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add red pepper flakes, cumin, paprika, coriander, salt, and pepper to taste. Mix everything well.
- Add red bell pepper, sweet potato, pumpkin puree, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and chicken broth.
- Stir mixture, cover with a lid and bring to a simmer. Cook the chilli for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve with fresh chopped cilantro, jalapeño and avocado on top.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
If you like this Easy Whole30 Pumpkin Chili recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.