Try this super easy slow cooker chili recipe that is packed with beans, veggies, and spice. This is a perfect hearty and spicy meal for dinner.
Today, it is the first day I am alone taking care of my little baby. My mom was with me for a month helping me with everything, but yesterday she went back to Brazil. I have to say I already miss her so much. She helped a lot. I can’t even imagine how my first weeks with my little Thomas would have been without her here. When we are first time parents, we feel a little lost at first because of all the new things that are happening so fast. It is always good to have someone with more experience than you to help and support you, right? Nobody is better than your mom who loves you and your son unconditionally to be with you. Although I tried to prepare myself for the big day by reading books and talking to parents, my mom was much more helpful than all the pieces of advice and books that I read. I am very grateful for that.
My mom is not here anymore but I am lucky that my husband is an awesome father and he is doing his role very well. I always can count on him. He does everything he can to support me. I couldn’t do everything that I am doing without him.The days are very different from the days I didn’t have a baby. Now, it is all about him and his schedule. The time to breastfeed, to sleep, to take a bath … And I also feel much more worried about everything concerning him. I always ask myself, “why is he sleeping so much?”, or “why is he not sleeping?”, “is he having enough milk?”, “is he being over stimulating?” or “what I have to do to play with him?” and the list goes on and on. I guess these are all thoughts of a first-time mother who wants the best for your baby. I must admit I am happy my husband is less worried them me, which balance things up.
I have to say all the hard work pays off when I look at his little face. I forget about the sleepless nights and all the worries. He is an angel in our lives and we couldn’t ask for more. I am so grateful our baby is healthy and super calm. He also loves to sleep during the day, which allows me to do lots of things such as cooking recipes like this one. Now that I have a baby to take care of, I am looking for recipes that are super easy and fast to make. I made this recipe very quickly while Thomas was sleepimg on my mom’s lap. The only thing that takes a little bit of time is to chop the veggies. When the veggies were chopped, I sautéed the ground turkey in the skillet for 10mins and then all I needed to do was to add everything in a slow cooker and wait to be ready. Easy and yummy!! Hope you enjoy this recipe.
Super Easy Slow Cooker Chili
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ cup white onions - chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic - minced
- 450 g extra-lean ground turkey
- 1/3 cup celery - chopped
- 2/3 cup carrot - chopped
- 2 cups dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups diced tomato, canned
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground - 7.5ml coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon ground - 7.5ml crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Green onions - chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes, then add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds longer.
- Add extra-lean ground turkey and cook, breaking up the turkey with a wooden spoon, until the turkey is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Pour browned ground turkey into slow cooker.
- Add celery, carrots, red kidney beans, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, chili powder, coriander seed, crushed red pepper, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- Stir mixture, cover with a lid and cook on low heat for 5 - 6 hours.
- Top with green onions.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
If you like this Super Easy Slow Cooker Chili recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
More Chili Recipes!