This is an Ultra-easy Slow Cooker Chicken Chili you will ever make. Dump in the ingredients and let the slow cooker do the rest for you.
This is one of the easiest slow cooker chicken chili recipes you ever will make in your life. Sounds exaggerated? I know, but I’m very serious! This recipe is a dump-everything-in-there-and-forget-about-it recipe. You don’t need any extra steps such as sauteé the chicken or something else. The only thing you have to do is to add all the ingredients in the slow cooker, cook for 3 hours on high, and break apart the chicken at the end of the cooking time.
If you prefer to cook on low, you can do that too. You throw all of the ingredients into the slow cooker in the morning before you leave for work and when you come back home, dinner will be ready. Actually, you will not only have dinner but lunch through the week with the leftovers. This slow cooker chicken chili is just as flavorful the next day too. You can store it in small Tupperware to bring to work and warm it up in a microwave. The chili is good for up to 5 days in the fridge.
Before you jump to the recipe, I just want to give you one extra tip. For this recipe, I used a bottle of salsa I bought at my local grocery store and it is already very spicy. That’s why I didn’t add lots of spices to this recipe. But of course, if you like spicy food, you can add more spices according to your taste.
This hearty Slow Cooker Chicken Chili is definitely the best meal choice for this time of the year. This is ultra flavorful, warm, comforting, spicy, and healthy. The chicken is also juicy. Hope you give this recipe a try and enjoy it!
Slow Cooker Chicken Chili Recipe
- 2 large skinless boneless chicken breasts — (about 1 and 1/2 pounds)
- 1 ½ cup white onions — chopped
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper — diced
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn (rinsed and drained) or 1 package of frozen corn
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (21 ounce) bottle salsa sauce, medium
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups diced tomato — drained
- 1 cup crushed tomato
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Add all the ingredients to a slow cooker.
- Stir well to combine.
- Cover with lid and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Remove the chicken. Shred into pieces using a fork and return it to the slow cooker and stir well.
- Taste and add more salt or add ground black pepper if necessary.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook for about 10-15 more minutes.
- Serve warm topped with fresh cilantro and shredded cheese.
- Keep leftovers in a plastic/glass container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- You can reheat in the microwave or on the stove.
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
If you like this Slow Cooker Chicken Chili recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
More Chili Recipes: