20-minute Low-carb Shrimp Fajita Meal-Prep Bowls that it’s served with Cauliflower Rice and it’s loaded with flavor.
I’m back with another meal-prep recipe because we love them, right? Meal preps are one of the best ways to stay on track and to ensure you’re eating healthy even when you don’t have much time to cook.
It’s amazing to open the fridge and find containers or jars full of healthy food that are ready for a quick heat-up for lunch.
These Low-carb Shrimp Fajita Meal-Prep Bowls is another meal-prep recipe that you’ll love because…
- It’s low-carb, whole30, gluten-free and paleo.
- The entire dish comes together very quickly and can be all done in under 20 minutes.
- Tastes even better as leftover.
- Only requires few ingredients and probably you have on hands all the ingredients you need to make this recipe.
How to Make Low-carb Shrimp Fajita Meal-Prep Bowls:
The prep time on this low-carb shrimp fajita meal-prep bowls recipe is so short that in less than 20 minutes your lunch for the whole week will be ready.
- First, make the fajita seasoning by combining and mixing well all the spices in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, marinate the shrimp with half of the fajita seasoning. Set aside for about 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and cook shrimp for 5 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked through. Set aside.
- Now it’s time to cook the veggies by adding them in the same skillet and stir fry for 5-10 minutes on high heat or until the veggies get the tenderness you prefer. And that’s it. Super easy!
Can I swap the shrimp for chicken?
Yes! You can use chicken breast. Just watch the cooking time. The chicken will be done when it gets the internal temperature of 165F.
How long does this Low-carb Shrimp Fajita Meal-Prep Bowls last for?
You can store this in the fridge for up to 5 days. It actually tastes even better as leftovers.
How do you marinate shrimp for fajitas?
- It’s super simple. You just need to add shrimp and the fajita seasoning to a large bowl or a zip-top plastic bag.
- Toss everything really well.
- Let marinate for 10 to 15 minutes.
How do you cook frozen shrimp for fajitas?
- Thaw the shrimp in a strainer under cool running water and drain and dry on a paper towel.
- Add shrimp and fajita seasoning in a bowl, mix well and marinate for 10 minutes. Now it’s ready to stir fry in a skillet.
Hope you give this recipe a try and enjoy!
More Meal-Prep Recipes to Try:
Low-carb Shrimp Fajita Meal-Prep Bowls
FOR THE FAJITA SEASAONING
FOR THE CHICKEN AND PEPPERS AND ONIONS
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic — minced
- 1 pound raw shrimp deveined & shelled
- 2 red bell peppers — sliced
- 2 yellow bell peppers — sliced
- 2 green bell pepper — sliced
- 1 medium onion — sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper
- cauliflower rice
- First, make the fajita seasoning by mixing all the ingredients from the fajita seasoning recipe in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the shrimp and half of the fajita seasoning. Mix well and set aside for about 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the shrimp and cook for 5 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked through. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, add more olive oil (if necessary) and add onions, bell peppers and the rest of the fajita seasoning.
- Stir fry for 5-10 minutes on high heat. The time will depend on how tender you prefer your veggies to be.
- Place an even amount of shrimp fajita, the veggies and cauliflower rice into 4 or 5 (depends on the size of your container) different glass containers. Cover with the lid and place in the fridge for up to 5 days. Heat in the microwave for about 1.5 or 2 minutes. The time will depend on the power of your microwave. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!