Chicken Fajita Meal Prep Bowls are served with cauliflower mash to create a complete low-carb lunch for the whole week. It’s also whole30, paleo and gluten-free!
Happy New Year, friends! Now after an indulgent holiday season and overdoing it, let’s get a head start on our New Year’s resolution. What do I mean? It means making promises to ourselves to be healthy by making a stronger commitment to our health and our family’s health.
However, sometimes when you set one big goal, it can be hard to know where to start and easily give up. But if you set smaller goals to reach along the way, you’ll probably make more progress and fell more motivated to keep going.
So, I think one of the small steps you can take to reach your healthy goal is meal-prep. That’s why during this month of January I’ll be posting lots of meal-prep recipes to put you on the right track like my One-Pan Italian Sausage Meal-Prep Bowls and Spicy Salmon Vegetable Meal-Prep Bowls.
Today I’m sharing the first my meal-prep recipe of January, which is this delicious and quick to make Chicken Fajita Meal-Prep Bowls. They are inspired by my Skillet Chicken Fajitas Recipe! Looking for a low-carb version? Try these Low-Carb Shrimp Fajita Meal-Prep Bowls!
Tips for making These Chicken Fajita Meal-Prep Bowls:
- If you want to save some time while prepare this recipe just use store-bought fajita seasoning. Also, use a vegetable cutter to slice the onion and bell peppers.
- Marinade the chicken with the fajita seasoning for more than 15 minutes if you have the time. The chicken will be even more flavourful.
- I like to store my meal-prep recipes in these handy meal-prep containers to package my Fajita Bowls. These are great containers that can be microwaved, frozen, cleaned in the dishwasher and it’s eco-friendly! They’re leak-prof lightweight, and it’ll keep your food fresh and safe.
- These chicken fajita meal-rep bowls will last for about 4-5 days in the fridge, so this is the perfect recipe to make on Sunday and have everything ready during the week.
The Best Seasoning For These Chicken Fajita Meal-Prep Bowls:
One of the reason I love so much this recipe, it’s because of the Fajita seasoning. For this Chicken Fajita Meal-Prep Bowls I used…
- ½ tablespoon chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
My Favorite Topping for These Chicken Fajita Meal-Prep Bowls:
For these Chicken Fajita Meal-Prep Bowls, I didn’t add lots of toppings because I want to keep it simple. This is the reason why I just topped them with cilantro and lime. But, you can also add tomato salsa, sliced avocado, cheese, sour cream, jalapenos and so on. The possibilities are endless with the bowls so feel free to add in whatever you prefer.
Are These Chicken Fajita Meal-Prep Bowls Healthy?
Yes, it’s healthy. It’s loaded with nutritious ingredients, lean protein, vegetables and fibre. All this will make you feel satisfied and full for a long time after you eating it.
Also, to keep it low-carb and whole30/Paleo I didn’t add black beans or shredded cheese and sour cream. This is a very clean meal-prep recipe to enjoy all week long and don’t feel guilt after digging in this bowl 😉
More Meal-Prep Ideas to Try:
- Spicy Chicken Meal-Prep Bowls: Plan ahead for the week with these whole30 and low-carb chicken bowls that are packed with spicy chicken, roasted green beans, broccoli, and mashed cauliflower.
- Ground Beef Zucchini Sweet Potato Meal-Prep Idea: It’s a gluten-free, Whole30 and paleo-friendly meal that will be ready in less than 30 mins.
- Another delicious meal-prep ideas is these Low-carb Ground Turkey Cauliflower Rice Veggie Bowls: Easy, flavourful and low-carb meal-prep. It’s loaded with veggies and extra-lean protein.
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
For the Fajita Seasaoning
For the Chicken and Peppers and Onions
- First, make the fajita seasoning by mixing all the ingredients from the fajita seasoning recipe in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the chicken strips and half of the fajita seasoning. Mix well and set aside for about 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the chicken and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, add more olive oil (if necessary) and add onions, bell peppers and the rest of the fajita seasoning.
- Stir fry for 5-10 minutes on high heat. The time will depend on how tender you prefer your veggies to be.
- Place an even amount of chicken fajita, the veggies and cauliflower mashed into 4 or 5 (depends on the size of your container) different glass containers. Cover with the lid and place in the fridge for up 4 days. Heat in the microwave for about 1.5 or 2 minutes. The time will depend on the power of your microwave.
- You can swap for a store-bought fajita seasoning if you're in a rush.
- You can use a vegetable cutter to quickly cut your bell peppers and onions.
- The more time you have to marinate the chicken, the better!
- To store: Place the meal prep in the refrigerator for up to 4 to 5 days.
- To reheat: Rewarm leftover chicken fajitas in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- To freeze: Freeze in a freezer-safe bag once the fajitas have reached room temperature. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.