One-Sheet Pan Shrimp with Cherry Tomatoes and Asparagus is delicious and super-easy to make. You’ll be amazed at how only 5 ingredients can make a healthy meal-prep for your entire week. You only need asparagus, cherry tomatoes, shrimp, olive oil, and salt/pepper! Fresh, healthy, low-carb, gluten-free, paleo, and of course, DELICIOUS!
We are back home after 7 weeks in Brazil visiting my family. I feel like the year is just starting for me because until now we were on vacation without a normal routine. Also, I wasn’t very worried about what I was eating there because I thought it was time to relax and enjoy. Of course, I didn’t go crazy and eat everything in front of me, but I wasn’t controlling my portions or which nutrients I consumed at each meal.
Now, we’re home and back to eating as clean as possible. What I mean by “clean” is not eating refined sugar or white carbs, avoiding grains, and eating lots of vegetables, greens, and lean protein, like these Spicy Salmon Vegetable Meal-Prep Bowls, One-Pan Chicken and Cabbage, and Ground Turkey Cauliflower Rice Veggie Bowls. We don’t follow any specific diet, but we prefer to eat this way because this is when we feel best. I’m also back to the gym, training with my personal trainer three times a week. This is great because I now know what kind of exercise is better for my lower back pain and helps me stay focused. I’m also going to bed and waking up earlier, meditating, and drinking lots of water.
I try to do this consistently and so far so good. Obviously, life always brings surprises, so I can’t follow everything perfectly, but I try as much as I can. For example, yesterday I didn’t drink 2 liters of water like I normally do, simply because I forgot. I also didn’t go to sleep at 10 pm. Instead, I checked my email before bed, which kept me awake for about an hour. Bad, I know! I shouldn’t do that, but I did, and that’s fine too. What is really important is to keep going and never give up. Persistence and determination are the keys to success in my opinion.
Monday, I decided to meal-prep my husband’s lunch for the week because it makes my life in the kitchen easier and helps my husband stay on track. I love meal-prep on the weekends and am always creating new meal-prep recipes to avoid getting bored, such as Spicy Chicken Meal-Prep Bowls and Shrimp Vegetable Skillet recipe.
So, I made this first meal prep of the year and am so proud of the result. This One-Sheet Pan Shrimp with Cherry Tomatoes and Asparagus recipe is SUPER easy because you only use 5 ingredients. Cleanup is a breeze since everything is made using only one baking sheet, like this One-Pan Italian Sausage Meal-Prep Bowls. This meal is also healthy, low-carb, keto, paleo, gluten-free, and whole30! Wow… You DEFINITELY can’t go wrong with this recipe!
This meal prep is packed with protein and good nutrients. And most importantly, it prevents you from taking lunch bags of chips, sugary snack bars, and so on to work.
On top of everything that I just said about this recipe, it’s very quick to make, too. If you have about 23 minutes on a Sunday, then this recipe is for you! When I say 23 minutes, I mean 5 minutes of prepping the veggies, such as cutting the asparagus and cherry tomatoes in half, and 18 minutes roasting the veggies and shrimp. I don’t count peeling the shrimp because you can buy peeled and deveined shrimp easily. This is an excellent meal-prep recipe to eat healthier all week long with real and basic ingredients that you can feel good about. Oh gosh, it’s so good. Enjoy!!
The meal prep containers I recommend:
I always prefer to use glass containers because they’re a healthier alternative to plastic. Glass containers, in general, are safer for food storage because some chemicals from plastic containers may leach into your food when the food is hot. So, glass containers are always better.
Also, choose ones with leakproof lids since they are perfect for food storage without spills. It goes without saying that you should buy a good-quality glass container that won’t break as easily as cheaper glass containers and make sure they are microwave-safe. You can find good glass containers at stores like Walmart and Target or online at Amazon.com. I prefer to buy online because of the convenience. At Amazon.com, you can find a huge variety of glass containers with different sizes, with or without compartments. Check them out here.
More healthy recipes that are perfect for your weekday meal-prep:
- Garlic Shrimp Asparagus Skillet: A super-easy recipe that is low-carb, gluten-free, whole30, and paleo-friendly! Quick to make since this one-pan meal will be ready in about 20 minutes.
- Chimichurri Chicken Green Beans Skillet: This recipe is far from boring, and the chimichurri sauce is just heaven. A great dish for weeknight dinners. Take the leftovers to work. So good!
- Garlic Butter Salmon in Foil: This recipe is amazing as leftovers, and I love to serve it with cauliflower rice. Yummy!
- Rosemary Lemon Roasted Chicken Breasts: Make this chicken for the entire week, and take it to work. Serve with salads, cauliflower rice, or even mashed cauliflower.
- Ground Turkey Skillet with Green Beans: This is the easiest recipe on the blog yet very delicious. Perfect as a meal-prep recipe.
See below for how to make One-Sheet Pan Shrimp with Cherry Tomatoes and Asparagus (Meal-Prep):
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
- 450 g uncooked extra-large shrimp (26-39) peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- salt and black pepper
- 4 cups asparagus cut in half
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes cut in half
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a medium bowl, place the shrimp with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss everything together, and set aside.
- Drizzle the veggies with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread out in an even layer, and roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven, and place the shrimp in the center of the sheet pan in an even layer. Roast for 8 minutes.
- MEAL PREPPING: Place an even amount of shrimp, asparagus, and cherry tomatoes into 4 different glass containers. Cover with the lid, and place in the fridge for up 4 days. Heat in the microwave for about 1½-2 minutes. The time depends on the power of your microwave.
- If you’re like me, you probably don’t like to take the same kind of lunch recipe to work week after week. So, I have a few other meal-prep recipes that are very popular on my blog and healthy, delicious, and super-easy to make. Please try these meal-rep recipes, too: Spicy Salmon Vegetable Meal-Prep Bowls, Ground Turkey Cauliflower Rice Veggie bowls, and One-sheet Pan Shrimp with Cherry Tomatoes. Also, I have other meal-prep recipes here for you.
- Make sure you don't overcrowd the sheet pan as it'll cause the ingredients to steam instead of roast.
- Make sure you remove the woody stems of the asparagus before using as it'll be tough and unpleasant to eat.
- You can buy peeled and deveined shrimp to save yourself the work.
- To store: Keep for up to 4 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
- To reheat: Heat in the microwave for about 1½-2 minutes.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
If you like this One-Sheet Pan Shrimp with Cherry Tomatoes and Asparagus (Meal-Prep) recipe, please share it with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter, and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipe updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.