One-Sheet Pan Shrimp with Cherry Tomatoes and Asparagus is delicious and super easy to make – Be amazed how only 5 ingredients can make a healthy meal-prep for your whole week. You’ll need only asparagus, cherry tomatoes, shrimp, olive oil and salt/pepper! Fresh, healthy, low-carb, gluten-free, paleo and of course DELICIOUS!
We are back home after 7 weeks in Brazil visiting my family and I feel like the year is starting for me now. I had this feeling because until then we were on vacation and not having a normal routine. Also I wasn’t very worried about what I was eating there because, I thought it was time to relax and enjoy. Of course I didn’t go crazy and eat everything in front of me, but I wasn’t controlling my portions or which nutrients I was consuming every meal.
Now, we’re home and we are back eating as clean as possible. What I mean by “clean” is not eat refined sugar, white carbs, avoid grains and eat lots of vegetables, greens and lean protein. We don’t follow any specific diet, but we prefer to eat this way because this is how we feel best. I’m also back to the gym and I’m training with my personal trainer three times a week. This is great because I now know what kind of exercise is better for my lower back pain and helps me to stay in focus. I’m also sleeping earlier, waking up earlier, meditating and drinking lots of water.
I try to do this consistently and so far so good. Obviously that life always brings its surprises so I can’t follow everything so perfectly, but I try as much as I can. For example, yesterday I didn’t drink 2 liters of water like I normally do, just because I forgot. I also didn’t sleep at 10pm. Instead, I checked my emails before bed and it kept me awake for about an hour. Bad I know! I shouldn’t do that, but I did and that’s fine too. What is really important is to keep going and never give up. Persistence and determination are the key to success in my option.
Monday I decided to meal-prep my husband’s lunch for the week because it makes my life in the kitchen easier and helps my husband to stay on track. I love meal-prep on the weekends and I’m always creating new meal-prep recipes to avoid getting bored such as this Spicy Chicken Meal-Prep Bowls and Shrimp Vegetable Skillet recipe.
So, I made this first meal prep of the year and I’m so proud of the result. This One-Sheet Pan Shrimp with Cherry Tomatoes and Asparagus recipe is SUPER easy recipe, because you only use 5 ingredients and cleanup is a breeze since everything is made using only one baking sheep pan. This meal is also healthy (low-carb, keto, paleo, gluten-free and whole30)! Wow… You DEFINITELY can’t go wrong with it!
This meal prep is packed with protein and good nutrients for you, and most importantly prevents you from bringing lunch bags of chips, sugary snack bars and so on to your work.
On top of everything good that I just said about this recipe, it’s very quick to make too. If you have about 23 minutes on a Sunday, then this recipe is for you! When I say 20 minutes, I mean 5 minutes of prepping the veggies such as cutting the asparagus and cherry tomatoes in half (here I’m not counting peeling the shrimp because you can buy peeled and deveined shrimp) and 18 minutes of roasting veggies and shrimp. This is an excellent meal-prep recipe to eat healthier all week long with real and basic ingredients that you can feel good about. Oh gosh, it’s so good. Enjoy!
The Meal Prep Containers that I Recommend:
I always prefer to use glass containers because they’re healthier alternative to plastic. Glass containers in general are safer for food storage because some chemicals from plastic containers may go from the plastic into your food when the food is hot. So, glass containers are always better.
Also, choose the ones that have leakproof lids, since they are perfect for food storage without spills. There is no need to say that you should buy a good quality glass container that won’t break as easily as cheaper glass containers and make sure they are microwave-safe. You can find good glass containers at stores like Walmart and Target or online at Amazon.com. I prefer to buy online just because of the convenience of it. At Amazon.com you can find a huge variety of glass containers with different sizes and with or without compartments. Check them our here.
More healthy recipes that are perfect for your weekday meal-prep:
- Garlic Shrimp Asparagus Skillet: Super easy recipe that is low-carb, gluten-free, Whole30 and paleo friendly! Quick to make since this one-pan meal will be ready in 20 minutes or so.
- Chimichurri Chicken Green Beans Skillet: This recipe is far from boring and the chimichurri sauce is just heaven. Great dish for weeknight dinners. Bring the leftovers to work. So good!
- Garlic Butter Salmon in Foil: This recipe is amazing as leftovers and I love to serve it with some cauliflower rice. Yummy!
- Rosemary Lemon Roasted Chicken Breasts: Make this chicken for the whole week and bring to work. Serve with salads, cauliflower rice or even mashed cauliflower.
- Ground Turkey Skillet with Green Beans: This is the easiest recipe on the blog and yet very delicious. Perfect as meal-prep recipe.
Watch Below How to Make This One-Sheet Pan Shrimp with Cherry Tomatoes and Asparagus (Meal-Prep).
One-Sheet Pan Shrimp with Cherry Tomatoes and Asparagus (Meal-Prep)
- 450 g (26-39 shrimps) uncooked extra large shrimp — (peeled and deveined)
- 2 + 1 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 cups asparagus — cut in half
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes — cut in half
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl place shrimp with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss everything together and set aside.
- Toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread out in an even layer and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and place shrimp on the center of the sheet pan and in an even layer too. Roast for 8 minutes.
- MEAL PREPPING: Place an even amount shrimp, asparagus and cherry tomatoes into 4 different glass containers. Cover with the lid and place in the fridge for up 4 days. Heat in the microwave for about 1.5 or 2 minutes. The time will depend on the power of your microwave.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/4) — Calories: 213, Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 149mg, Sodium: 268mg, Carbohydrates: 12g, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 7g, Protein: 20g
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
And if you like this One-Sheet Pan Shrimp with Cherry Tomatoes and Asparagus (Meal-Prep) recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.