This Low-carb Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies recipe is healthy, whole30, paleo, easy, delicious and perfect for meal prep. It’s a recipe packed with flavor and also great for a busy weeknight dinner.
This easy to make meal-prep bowl is healthy and yet very flavorful because the veggies and sausages are seasoned with lots of spices such as smoked paprika, Italian seasonings, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
This Low-Carb Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies is great even if you are not following any specific diet, because these bowls are delicious and colourful and fun!
And of course it’s always great to have food ready to go when your week is so busy. Meal-prep is definitely a time saver! And don’t worry since it will taste great even by the end of the week.
This is also a great recipe for dinner. You can chop ahead the veggies to save some time and when you get home around 5:30pm you place all the veggies into the sheet, season with the spices you have on hand, add the sausage links and let the oven do the rest of the work. Then, all you need to do is to set the table and done! All will be ready in 35-40 minutes and you can have a healthy dinner meals with your family. Not to mention that one-pan/sheet dinner makes clean up a breeze. No time wasted here.
Got extra sausages? Try this One-Pan Sausage with Sweet Potato and Asparagus, One-Pan Italian Sausage Meal-Prep Bowls, Shrimp and Sausage Vegetable Skillet, and Italian Sausage, Onions and Peppers Skillet this week to use them up! Such easy and delicious ways to cook up sausages!
You can make this recipe with any protein you feel like or have in your fridge, but this time I used sausage links that are completely fresh with no preservatives, artificial flavors, or any weird ingredients that you can’t even pronounce.
To serve, I paired it with cauliflower mash, but if you’re not doing Whole30, Low-cab or Paleo, you can even serve it with quinoa, rice or mashed potatoes.
Tips to make this Low-Carb Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies
- It’s a great dish for cleaning out your fridge and you can use the veggies that you and your family prefer. As you can see this Low-Carb Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies can easily be customized.
- However, the veggies that you choose should require roughly equal baking time. If you want to bake asparagus and carrots together, make sure to slice carrots very thin so they cook through faster.
- The veggies are very flavourful because all the spices in there. But, you can even add more spices such cumin or coriander if you’re inclined.
- Cook until the veggies are tender and get brown.
- If you’re not doing Whole30 or if you’re not trying to avoid dairy, you can sprinkle some Parmesan cheese as an extra touch.
- Want to change things up and use a slow cooker? Try this Slow Cooker Italian Sausage and Peppers.
More Meal-Prep Recipes to Try:
- Spicy Salmon Vegetable Meal-Prep Bowls: These delicious meal-prep bowls are loaded with veggies, baked spicy salmon and nutrients. Definitely a great recipe to bring to work or prep for weeknight dinners!
- One-Sheet Pan Shrimp with Cherry Tomatoes and Asparagus: You’ll be amazed how only 5 ingredients can make a healthy meal-prep for your whole week.
- Spicy Chicken Meal-prep Bowls: One of my favourite chicken meal-prep. It’s made with spicy chicken, roasted green beans, broccoli, and mashed cauliflower.
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
- 1 pound butternut squash chopped
- 2 large yellow bell peppers chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 medium zucchinis chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 13 oz Italian pork sausage - nitrate-free about 4 sausage links. Use a Whole30 compliant
- to serve: mashed cauliflower optional
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- In a large bowl, add all the veggies, the spices, olive oil and sausage links. Mix everything together until all is combined.
- Place the veggies to a large baking sheet and lay sausages on top of the veggies.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, flip halfway and roast for more 10-15 minutes or until the sausage is cooked through.
- Turn the oven broiler on high for 2 minutes to give the veggies and sausages the crispy and brown look.
- Remove from oven and serve with cauliflower mashed or cauliflower rice, if desired.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.