Is there something better than a delicious Super Fresh Shrimp Tomato Salad for lunch during the hot days? Probably not 😉 Enjoy this salad with a healthy dijon lemon dressing!
How did the summer go back so quickly? I can’t believe Labor Day is next week! Wow time really flies especially when we’re having fun during these beautiful hot days.
But at least we still have three more weeks to go until summer is officially over. That’s why I brought to you today this super fresh shrimp tomato salad that you’ll be able to enjoy during the last few weeks of summer. I love eating salads all year around. However during summer the veggies are just fresher and juicer, and making any salads look even better.
This shrimp tomato salad recipe is screams summer, delicious and healthy. It’s a mix of cold and hot since you need to cook shrimp, but it comes together in just 15 minutes (between chopping the veggies and cooking the shrimp). Isn’t that great? You’ll put together a very quick lunch, or light dinner in minutes, leaving you with extra time to be outside, enjoying the weather and your family.
I love cooking with shrimp because it’s so quick to cook! Try my Garlic Butter Shrimp Skillet Recipe, Sweet Potato Green Beans Shrimp Skillet, Shrimp, Bell Pepper and Onions Skillet, or any of these 35 Healthy Shrimp Dinner Recipes the next time you’ve got a ton of shrimp on hand.
Not a fan of shrimp? You can easily swap out the shrimp in this salad for any other seafood, like salmon! Cook up my Dijon Mustard Salmon to pair with this tomato salad!
What dressing goes on Shrimp Tomato Salad?
There are lots of delicious dressing recipes out there to pour over your shrimp tomato salad, such as lime dressing and yogurt dressing. But I prefer to eat my salad with a simple, yet super flavourful Dijon lemon dressing made with of course Dijon mustard, lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mm… So good, fresh and light!
How to Make This Salad Recipe
This salad comes together really easily because shrimp cooks very fast and the veggies aren’t hard to peel or chop. Here is how you’ll make it.
- In a skillet, cook shrimp and don’t forget to season them with salt and pepper.
- Chop vegetables and add them to a large salad bowl.
- In a mason jar, pour the lemon juice, olive oil, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper and whisk everything together until combined.
- Pour dressing on top and mix gently to combine. Done.
More Shrimp Salad Recipes to Try:
- Shrimp Avocado Cucumber Salad: It’s loaded with red onions, cucumber, red bell peppers, avocado and sautéd shrimp.
- Pesto Shrimp Tomato Salad Recipe: It’s ready in 10 minutes and it’s super flavourful with the homemade pesto.
- Shrimp Avocado Tomato Salad: Looking for a high-protein salad? So, this is the salad for you.
- Shrimp Quinoa Salad: It’s so simple, but so irresistible good! You’ll love the flavors of this delicious meal.
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
For the shrimp
For the salad
- 4 cups romaine lettuce washed and chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/4 red onions chopped
- 1/4 avocado peeled and sliced
- Fresh parsley for garnishing
For the shrimp
For the salad
- In a large salad bowl, add lettuces, cherry tomatoes, red onions, avocado and cooked shrimp.
- In a mason jar, pour the freshly squeezed lemon juice, olive oil, and Dijon mustard. Add salt and pepper and whisk everything together. Continue to whisk while streaming in the olive oil dressing*.
- Taste to check the seasoning and pour over the salad.
- Top with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
- *This dressing stays good in the fridge in a sealed container for about a week.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
If you like this recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.