Creamy Whole30 Mashed Cauliflower that’s made with ghee and homemade mayo. So good! It’s also low-carb, paleo and gluten-free.
I have been trying to create a whole30 mashed cauliflower recipe for so long. First, I made mashed cauliflower for my Mashed Cauliflower Shepherd’s Pie. OMG, what a delicious and light recipe I made! Because of this recipe, my husband finally changed his mind about mashed cauliflower. We ate the whole pie in a day. I’m not even kidding. YUMMY! Then, I made my low-carb mashed cauliflower using garlic powder, Parmesan cheese and butter.
Honest, this recipe is amazing too and when I’m not on Whole30, this is the recipe that I make for my family and me. Now, I created this Whole30 mashed cauliflower recipe without any dairy product and it tastes very good too. I think it’s because the homemade mayo and the delicious ghee I used here.
How to make this Whole30 Cauliflower Mashed:
This cauliflower has great flavour. And do you want to know the secret for that? Here we go:
- First, you need to steam the cauliflower florets. The secret here is to not steam for so long (over 8 minutes) because the cauliflower may become very soggy and watery.
- Second, place the steamed florets in a high-speed blender and blend for about 30 seconds. You don’t need to add any type of liquid such as almond milk, water or chicken broth. The cauliflower will release its own liquid during the blend process. You can blend it for 15 seconds and then scrap the sides of the blender jar and start to blend it again for more 15 seconds.
- Third, transfer the creamy mashed cauliflower into a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Then, stir everything well to combine. The amount of ingredients can vary according to the size of the cauliflower. You may need to add more than 1 teaspoon of ghee or homemade mayo, if you use a big cauliflower head.
- When you use a high-speed blender such as Vitamix, you don’t need to warm up the mashed cauliflower after blending it because the powerful motor heats the food. But if you don’t have a high-speed blender you can warm up your mashed cauliflower in your microwave before adding the mayo.
I don’t want to make homemade mayo. Which Whole30 brand mayo can I use to make this Whole30 Mashed Cauliflower?
Yes, sure you can use a Whole30 store bought mayo if you prefer, although I really think you should try to make your own. Seriously, my homemade mayo recipe only takes 1-minute to be ready and it’s super delicious.
But the Primal Kitchen Whole30 and paleo mayonnaise is great too. It’s made with wholesome ingredients and the taste is very good since it’s made with avocado oil. So good! You can order it using Amazon Prime and have it straight to your door in one or two days. You also can find it at the natural aisle in your local supermarket.
Recipes to go with this Whole30 Mashed Cauliflower:
This cauliflower would make the perfect side dish for so many recipes like boiled salmon, roasted chicken breast and baked chicken legs, BBQ recipes now during summer and even a great healthy side dish for fall dinners. I am sure you will enjoy this whole30 mashed cauliflower and I can’t wait to hear what you think and see your versions of this recipe!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page here.
Whole30 Mashed Cauliflower Recipe
- First, fill a large pot with about 2 cups of water and bring it to a boil.
- Then, place a steamer basket in the pot.
- Add the cauliflower florets into the steamer basket.
- Cover the pot and steam until the cauliflower is fork tender (6-8 minutes). Please do not steam for more than 8 minutes otherwise the florets will become very soggy.
- Remove from the heat, uncover the pot (this step is important) and let the cauliflower cool down for 5 minutes.
- Place the steamed cauliflower and the clove of garlic in a blender jar (I love my Vitamix for that) and secure the lid. Turn the machine on and blend on slow for 30 seconds until it gets creamy.
- Do not add any liquid like warm water or chicken broth while you are blending the steamed cauliflower. Eventually it will release a bit of liquid and the mashing process will become easier. If you add liquid your mashed cauliflower will become very watery at the end of the process.
- When the cauliflower is completely smooth, scoop into a serving bowl.
- Add ghee, mayo, salt and ground black pepper and stir well to combine.
- Taste to adjust the seasoning.
- Garnish with olive oil and fresh parsley.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/2) — Calories: 165, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 1mg, Sodium: 719mg, Carbohydrates: 23g, Fiber: 11g, Sugar: 10g, Protein: 8g
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
And if you like this Whole30 Mashed Cauliflower recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletterand follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebookfor all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.