This Spring Quinoa Salad recipe is loaded with asparagus, peas, cucumber, red onions and with an easy and delicious homemade vinaigrette.
We are about to launch our new blog design and I’m very excited!!! I’m sure you guys are going to love everything about it because all the changes that we’ve made so far will help you to navigate better though the site. We’ll have a new recipe index with a list of all the ingredients I normally use to cook, more recipe categories and so on. The blog will have a new colour theme (it’s so pretty!!!) and also a new logo, which I loooove. Also, we’re going to have new sections about Life, Travel and also a Shop page with my favorite kitchen utensils and small appliances. I’m also adding nutritional information for the recipes. Great, right?! This is something that I’m very happy about because you guys have asked me to add this for a long time and finally it’s here.
So, because I’m very busy right now working on this project and taking care of my little boy I’ve been cooking recipes that are insanely easy to make. This Spring Quinoa Salad is one good example of that. I normally cook a good amount of quinoa and leave it in the fridge inside of a plastic container for about 4-5 days. It makes my life very easy because when it’s lunchtime the only thing I need to do is to chop all the veggies that I’m planning to use in my salad. After this first step I just add them to a bowl with quinoa and pour some homemade vinaigrette that I also have on hand. So easy! I do that with this Quinoa Salad, Quinoa Salad with Roasted Asparagus, Carrot Quinoa Salad, and Shrimp Quinoa Salad as well. It’s so nice to have quinoa ready to go in the fridge.
Isn’t that easy? YES, it is!! I really suggest you try to do that one time and you’ll see how your lunchtime will be more relaxing! This spring quinoa salad is all that you need to feel good and energized during your day. And because quinoa is packed with protein you don’t even need to add meat or chicken in this salad. But if you do, please make this delicious salmon or this Easy Chopped Chicken Salad! It goes really, really, really well with this spring quinoa salad. Enjoy!
- In a big bowl add all the ingredients (except the vinaigrette) and mix together until combine.
- Pour the vinaigrette and stir to combine.
- Put in the fridge for 15 minutes and serve it cold. Enjoy!
- Remember to rinse the quinoa before cooking so they don't taste bitter.
- Before roasting the asparagus, make sure to remove the woody bottoms.
- I like English cucumbers as they're seedless and don't have a thick skin.
- To store: I recommend not adding the dressing to the salad if you plan on storing it in the fridge as it can get soggy. This salad lasts for up to 4 days in the fridge when stored separately.
- To reheat: You can warm up the quinoa salad in the microwave before adding the dressing.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
If you like this Spring Quinoa Salad recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Try these 15 Spring Recipes. Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.