This Whole30 Bunless Turkey Burger Recipe is not only healthy (low-carb, paleo, gluten-free), but it’s also one of the flavorful turkey burger recipes you’ll ever try! All because of the yellow mustard, onion and garlic powder inside of the burger and the avocado sauce too! On top of that, the grilled zucchini makes you want to eat this Bunless Turkey Burger over and over again. Yum!
Wow it’s Day 4 of bunless burger week! I can’t believe, we already created 4 delicious bunless burgers, like my Spinach Sauce Bunless Burger, Low-Carb Salmon Burgers with Avocado Coleslaw and tomorrow you’ll see my Easy Low-carb Bunless Burgers Recipe which is the fifth and last bunless burger recipe for this week, which I’m sure you’ll love because it’s the easiest bunless burger recipe on earth and delicious too.
Before you go to check this yummy Bunless Turkey Burger recipe, I just want to ask you one thing. If you are re-creating one of these bunless burger recipes, don’t forget to use the hashtag #bunlessburgerweek on Instagram, because I would love seeing your bunless burger recipes too 😉
Now, let’s talk about this delicious Bunless Turkey Burger Recipe that is making my mouth watering just thinking about these goodies. I can say for sure that the stars of these burgers are the seasonings, the avocado sauce and the grilled zucchini. If you hate zucchini I bet it’s because you’ve never eaten them grilled, have you? For me grilled zucchini is the best way to enjoy zucchini. When you grill zucchini, the flesh softens, the moisture is evaporated and charred and smoky flavour is intensified. So good!
I love ground turkey, you know why? Because it’s a great substitution for the fatty ground beef and it goes well with pretty much every single recipe you create. I mean, have you tried my Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet recipe? It’s one of the most popular recipes on the blog and it’s delicious. Don’t believe me? So, read all more than 200 comments on this post talking about it. Everybody loves this recipe! Ground turkey is not only awesome for cooking but it’s good for you too:
- It’s a great sauce of lean protein and it’s lower in calories when compared with ground beef.
- It also has less saturated fat and cholesterol than red meat.
- Also it has B-complex vitamin that helps healthy blood circulation.
- It’s loaded with selenium, which is a mineral that increases immunity.
- And last you can make lots of different recipes with it such as soups, one-pan meals and even meal-preps.
Why you should make this Whole30 Bunless Turkey Burger Recipe?
Of course I could start this sentence saying that this bunless turkey burger recipe is great because it’s easy and quick to make (dinner can be ready in 20 minutes), it’s flavorful and it’s healthy (low-carb, whole30, paleo and gluten-free). But I would prefer to say that you should totally make this bunless turkey burger just because it’s a great opportunity to pile on the veggies. I served it with grilled zucchini, onions, tomatoes, lettuces and even avocado sauce. There were lots of goodies on my plate. But the options are endless since you can use other veggies to grill and eat with this bunless turkey burger such as eggplant, asparagus, mushrooms and bell peppers. It’s just up to you.
More recipes using Ground Turkey:
- Easy Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers
- Mashed Cauliflower Shepherd’s Pie
- Ground Turkey Skillet with Green Beans
- Ground Turkey Cabbage Skillet
- Ground Turkey Cauliflower Rice Veggie Bowls
Want to change things up and not use meat for these bunless burgers? Try swapping in any of these 9 Healthy Veggie Burger Recipes!
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
For the Turkey Burger
- 1 lb grass-fed extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup red onions chopped
- ¼ red bell pepper chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard or French's Yellow if you're doing Whole30
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil for cooking
- Big head of iceberg lettuce
- Slices of red onions tomatoes, microgreen leaves and avocado sauce to serve.
- To make the burger, combine all ingredients, except the olive oil, in a large bowl. Mix everything well to combine and using your hands divide the mixture into 4-6 burgers.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick grill pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the burger for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until reach 145°F for medium-rare or 160°F for well-done. Set them aside.
- Making the grilled zucchini: In a small bowl, mix together zucchini, olive oil and salt and pepper. Heat a grill pan over medium high heat. Add zucchini in a single layer and grill for about 2 minutes per side.
- To build each burger, top one iceberg leaf with the microgreen leaves, turkey burger, avocado sauce, red onions, tomatoes, more avocado sauce, another turkey burger and grilled zucchini. Top with second iceberg leaf.
- Avoid squeezing the patties together tightly as you don’t want the patties to be dense.
- Do not overmix the meat, as it’ll lead to a dense and tough patty.
- Avoid using zucchini that's large as they'll be watery.
- To store: Keep leftover burger patties in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- To reheat: Reheat the turkey burgers on the grill or in the microwave.
- To freeze: Flash freeze the raw patties before transferring them to a freezer-safe bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
And if you like this Whole30 Bunless Turkey Burger Recipe recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.