Subscribe to receive new recipes!
Taste more! Sign up and you'll be getting to your inbox brand new content weekly such as recipes, cooking tips, videos and my FREE E-COOKBOOK.
This Sweet Potato Zucchini Casserole recipe is incredible flavourful, gluten-free, easy to make and it’ll be on your table in less than 30 minutes. It’s also an one-pan meal loaded with protein, vitamins and nutrients.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium zucchinis (diced)
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- ½ cup onions (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 cup homemade tomato sauce (I made this recipe)
- 2 medium Sweet Potato (sliced) - I used this mandoline to slice the sweet potato.
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, (shredded)
- Fresh parsley, (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In an medium skillet, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add zucchini, salt and pepper. Stir occasionally and cook for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, add onions, garlic and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the ground turkey and cook until the meat is not pink any more. Make sure to break apart the meat with a spoon as it cooks.
- Add homemade tomato sauce, the cooked zucchini, salt and pepper. Cook for more 3-5 minutes.
- In a greased baking casserole place the slices of sweet potato in an even layer.
- Pour into baking dish the ground turkey mixture.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Before serving sprinkle some fresh parsley.
Please, if you recreate this recipe, please take a picture and hash tag #primaverakitchen on Instagram! I would love to see your version.
And if you like this Sweet Potato Zucchini Casserole recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More Zucchini Casserole Recipes!