If you prefer to stay home for your romantic Valentine’s Day dinner, why not to make a delicious, comforting meal like this Skinny Lasagna Rolls recipe? It is easy and quick to make! Also, you and your love are going to stay warm and avoid the crowded restaurants.
Happy almost-Valentine’s Day!!
The winter months tend to be full of heavy, carbohydrate-laden dishes that fill your body and keep you and your home warm. Of course, these dishes are so delicious, but they are very high in calories, too.
So, why not to lighten up your comfort-food recipes? This is what I did with these healthy, light, and skinny lasagna rolls. Comfort food can be healthy if you use the right ingredients. You don’t need to use the high fat and carb products that are out there.
You can always find better-quality and low-fat cheese to buy. For this recipe, I used part-skim milk ricotta and mozzarella to reduce the fat and calories.
I also used whole-wheat lasagna for the extra fibre you get when you cook with whole-wheat ingredients. These skinny lasagna rolls are made without sacrificing any flavor!
I have to say that this lasagna was very delicious, and this isn’t only my opinion. I invited some friends to try it, and they loved it. However, I discovered that this recipe was even more flavorful the next day! 😉 So, make it on the weekend and have the leftovers for lunch during the week without worry.
When it’s really cold outside, stay warm and cozy inside eating these skinny lasagna rolls. Why spend lots of money at a restaurant when you can make this comforting meal?
Another Lasagna Roll-up Recipe:
See below for how to make Skinny Lasagna Rolls:
Skinny Lasagna Rolls
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, add the lasagna noodles, and cook for the time indicated on the package. Drain the pasta, rinse, and transfer to a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, parsley, egg, and Parmesan cheese. Stir well.
- Ladle about 1 cup of homemade tomato sauce into a baking dish, and spread it well.
- Start assembling your lasagna rollups by placing wax paper, aluminum foil, or a clean cutting board on the counter, and lay out lasagna noodles.
- Spread about 3 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture first and then 2 tablespoons of the homemade tomato sauce over each individual lasagna noodle. Then, sprinkle with some mozzarella cheese.
- Carefully roll up and place the seam side down in rows in the baking dish.
- After that, use the remaining tomato sauce to top the lasagna rolls. Sprinkle with Parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake covered with foil for approximately 30 minutes. Remove the foil, and bake for 15-20 minutes more until the cheese is melted.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
Want to browse all of my healthy recipe posts? Follow my Primavera Kitchen board on Pinterest!! I also have great Pinterest Boards such as Healthy Dinner, Healthy Slow Cooker Meals, and Soups and Stews. I hope you enjoy all the delicious and healthy recipes I have there!!
If you like this Skinny Lasagna Rolls recipe, please share it with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter, and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipe updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.