Subscribe to receive new recipes!
Taste more! Sign up and you'll be getting to your inbox brand new content weekly such as recipes, cooking tips, videos and my FREE E-COOKBOOK.
This Warm Quinoa Brussels Sprouts Salad is made with sauteé brussels sprouts, dried cranberries, chopped pecans and it’s tossed with a delicious orange vinaigrette.
This warm brussels sprouts quinoa salad is about to become your favourite salad during this season, because this salad will warm your heart and soul with these yummy and good-for-you ingredients!! Inside of this delicious bowl you are going to have quinoa and brussels sprouts, which go really well with the sweetness of the dried cranberries. On top of that I brought some chopped pecans to add some crunch to the salad.
I know I could make this salad with raw brussels sprouts because it would be faster, but since it’s winter time I think sauté brussels sprouts in a good quality extra-virgen olive oil makes more sense. This salad is great to eat for lunch and before dinner during the entire year. During summer time I love fresh and cold salads, but warm salads are the best for winter, don’t you think?
This salad also is great as a side dish for the Holidays dinner because it goes really good with turkey. I have to say we love to eat this salad as it is because it is very filling. You also can replace the ingredients easily if you don’t have all the ingredients listed below. For example you can use walnuts, cashews and almonds instead of pecans or you can use broccoli, zucchini and etc… So, this salad is very versatile, easy and quick to make, gluten-free, vegan and very nutritious.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, thinly sliced crosswise
- Salt and pepper
- 1½ cups cooked quinoa (here is a tutorial/recipe for how to cook quinoa)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- ¼ cup freshly-squeezed orange juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- pinch of salt and pepper
TO MAKE THE SALAD:
- In a saucepan, add olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the brussels sprout and cook for about 5 mins.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked brussels sprouts, cooked quinoa, dried cranberries and pecans.
- Pour the vinaigrette in the salad and Toss all ingredients together until combined.
TO MAKE THE ORANGE VINAIGRETTE:
- Add all the ingredients in a mason jar. Close the lid and share well.
Please, if you recreate this recipe, please take a picture and hash tag #primaverakitchen on Instagram! I would love to see your version.
And if you like this Warm Quinoa Brussels Sprouts Salad recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More Quinoa Recipes: