Air fryer pork chops are juicy, delicious and made in just 14 minutes! That’s right, you can get dinner on the table that fast. Plus, you’ll only need seven simple ingredients for this recipe and it’s a very versatile main course that pairs nicely with almost any side dish.
These pork chop recipe are perfectly seasoned with paprika, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. They emerge from the air fryer with a crisp, and satisfying exterior crust. You get that “fried” feeling without using tons of oil in this healthy recipe.
My air fryer is one of my favorite gadgets. This handy tool makes healthy cooking easy and I use it for a wide variety of foods.
Use it to make sides like Air Fryer Baby Potatoes, Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts or Air Fryer Asparagus. You can also make proteins for your main dish, things like Air Fryer Salmon, Air Fryer Chicken Breast or Air Fryer Shrimp!
How To Make Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Pork chops — Boneless pork chops and skinless. I normally like to use loin chops but you can use bone-in pork chops too.
- Olive oil — I generally use extra virgin olive oil because I’ve always got it on hand. You can also use avocado oil, or another high smoke point oil as a substitute.
- Seasonings — Paprika, garlic powder, ground cumin, salt and ground black pepper. But you can also add onion powder, dried oregano and even dried thyme to add more flavor.
Ps: this recipe doesn’t require eggs, flour, panko breadcrumbs, which is perfect for a gluten-free and keto diets.
- If your air fryer requires preheating, do that before anything else! Set it to 400°F (200°C).
- Measure paprika, garlic powder, ground cumin, salt and pepper into a small bowl. Mix until well incorporated and set to the side.
Prepare pork chops:
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
- Use a paper towel to pat your chops dry, then apply a thin coat of olive oil to each one (make sure to get all sides of the pork)!
- Now thoroughly coat each pork chop with your spice rub blend.
Air fry pork chops:
- Transfer chops to the air fryer basket, avoiding overlap.
- Set timer for 5-6 minutes, then flip and cook 5-6 minutes longer. At an internal temperature of 145°F, pork chops are fully cooked and tender. But keep in mind that cook time will vary depending on thickness.
Rest and serve:
- Remove pork chops from the air fryer and let them rest for a few minutes.
- Plate chops and serve with a fresh green Arugula Salad (or your favorite sides)! Enjoy!
- I like using paprika, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper for my pork chops. You can definitely mix things up and experiment with different spices!
- A meat thermometer comes in super handy to cook pork chops. Avoid overcooking your meat so it stays nice and juicy.
- I know it’s tempting to cut into your pork chops immediately, but letting them rest is really important. As the meat rests, it retains more and more moisture. Rest time creates perfectly juicy pork chops, so the wait will be worth it!
- You can serve it with a green salad, sweet potato fries or any other vegetable you prefer.
How To Store Leftovers
- To Store: Allow leftovers to cool and place them in an airtight container, then refrigerate for up to 3 to 4 days.
- To Freeze: You can also freeze your leftover pork for up to 3 months. I recommend wrapping it tightly in plastic wrap and then placing in a Ziploc bag to help protect from freezer burn.
- To Reheat: Thaw leftovers in the refrigerator overnight (if reheating from frozen), then reheat in the air fryer at 350°F until warmed through. You can also reheat in the oven or in a pan on the stovetop with a bit of olive oil. But if you prefer, you can reheat it in the microwave too.
More Pork Recipes
If you’re tired of chicken or steak, pork is a great alternative! Whether you purchase pork shoulder roast, pork chops or pork tenderloin, I’ve got you covered with some fantastic recipes.
- Garlic Butter Baked Pork Chops
- Pork Chops With Apples And Onions
- Easy Roasted Pork Tenderloin
- Garlic Butter Pork Tenderloin
- Pork Chop Casserole
Frequently Asked Questions
You absolutely can! The air fryer will get nice and hot, and your chops will cook inside the basket, just as they would inside of an oven or on the grill.
Unfortunately, they may be overcooked. I highly recommend using a food thermometer so you know exactly when your pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145°F. Then you can remove them immediately so they don’t overcook.
If your pork chops dry out, they’re probably overcooked. Make sure to take them out of the air fryer as soon as they reach an internal temp of 145°F. Furthermore, be sure to rest them 5-10 minutes before diving in, if you cut in too quickly the juices will run out making the meat taste dry.
It doesn’t take long at all! At 400°F it takes approximately 10-12 minutes, of course, cook time will vary slightly depending on thickness so be sure to adjust accordingly.
Air Fryer Pork Chops
- 4 pork chops boneless
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C) for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add paprika, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel and brush both sides with olive oil.
- Then, coat the pork chops on both sides with the spice mixture.
- Place the pork chops in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through. Once pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C), they are done. Use a meat thermometer to measure the internal temperature, and note that cooking time will depend on the thickness of the pork chops.
- Once done, remove the pork chops from the air fryer and let them rest for a few minutes before serving with a delicious green salad.
- Feel free to experiment with different spices.
- I highly recommend using a meat thermometer for this recipe.
- Rest time is important and helps keep pork chops juicy!
- To Store: Place cooled leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for 3-4 days.
- To Freeze: Cloak tightly in plastic wrap and then place in a Ziploc bag to help protect from freezer burn.
- To Reheat: Thaw leftovers in the refrigerator overnight (if reheating from frozen). Reheat in the air fryer at 350°F until warmed through. You can also reheat in the oven or in a skillet on the stovetop with a bit of olive oil.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
Leave a Comment