Enjoy this refreshing Corn Shrimp Salad Recipe with a light lime dressing as a side for any meal during summertime.
One of these days I was starving and it was about to be lunchtime. I didn’t have any leftover in the fridge and Thomas was playing with his cars. So, I could cook without being bothered. I thought to myself what could I make so fast that my son wouldn’t even notice and I would feel satisfied after eating?!
My answer: a good Corn Shrimp Salad Recipe. Yes, of course! It’s easy and fast to make, fresh, delicious, healthy, and very filling. I always have corn in the freezer if it’s not in season. If it is, then I always have a couple ears on hand! If you’ve got extra corn, try my Instant Pot Taco Soup Recipe.
This salad has all of the delicious summer flavors we love: corn, avocado and tomatoes! YUM! It’s very fresh and satisfying because it’s also loaded with protein from the shrimp. Of course if you are not a big fan of shrimp we can make this salad with chicken and even with grilled steak. This Corn Shrimp Salad Recipe also has a light and easy dressing made with only juice of lime, olive oil, salt, pepper and onion powder. It’s simple, but yet flavourful.
If you’re looking for easy, healthy and delicious salad for dinner parties during summer time, you’re going to love this salad. Why? Because it’s great to feed a crowd (you can double the recipe with no problem), to make ahead and it tastes very good at room temperature. Actually I prefer this Corn Shrimp Salad Recipe at room temperature. This salad is also good to make for weeknights dinners! I think you will very happy how this salad will turn out.
I love cooking with shrimp because it’s such a quick-cooking protein. If you’re the same, you should try this Parmesan Garlic Grilled Corn, Sheet Pan Shrimp Boil Recipe, or Cajun Shrimp Skewers with Corn Salad.
Corn Shrimp Salad Recipe
For the Cajun Shrimp:
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb medium raw shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp cajun spice
- 2 cloves garlic - pressed
- Pinch of salt
For the Salad:
- 1 ½ cup corn kernels - from 2 fresh cobs or canned drained corn
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes - cut in half
- 2 small avocadoes - diced
- 1 tsp fresh parsley or cilantro for garnish
- Using paper towels, pat dry shrimp and add in a medium bowl.
- Add cajun seasoning, garlic cloves, a pinch of salt and stir well to combine.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook for about 1-2 minutes each side. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add corn, tomatoes, avocado and the cooked shrimp.
- To make the dressing, pour the lime juice, olive oil, salt, onion powder and black pepper in a small bowl stir until combine.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and garnish with parsley or cilantro.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
So, I hope you enjoy this Corn Shrimp Salad recipe and try to make some in your own kitchen today. If you like this recipe, please share it with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Try these 10 Healthy Ice Cream Recipes! Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.