This Zucchini Summer Soup is a very flavorful super easy recipe to make. You can add any seasonal veggies and you will end up with a delicious meal! Just because it is summer doesn’t mean you have to stop eating soup, right? Some people may think summer is not a time to have soup but I like to continue to eat soup all year long. If people from very tropical countries like in northern Brazil where it is summer all year think this way, they never would have soup in there lives, right ? For me, you can have light and fresh soups in the summer and hot and spicy soups in the winter.
Soup is one of my favorite meals and it has been about two months since I last made soup. I missed it a lot because my husband and I used to have soup at least two times a week during fall and winter. You can see how much we love soups of all kinds. Soup also works as a side dish! If you’re looking for more delicious side dishes, check out this post on 50 of my easy low carb side dishes.
So, today I am sharing with you a light fresh soup for summer. This Zucchini Summer Soup is a very flavorful super easy recipe to make. You can add any seasonal veggies and you will end up with a delicious meal for your busy week days.
About the recipe:
You have to be very careful with the cooking time because zucchini cooks very fast and if you don’t pay attention, your zucchini can be very soggy. So, cook the harder veggies first and then add zucchini. Peas and chickpeas will be added at the end because both are already cooked. And voila, you will have a fresh and delicious soup to enjoy even on the summer! Got extra zucchini, try my Zucchini Noodle Soup.
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
- In a large pot over high heat, add olive oil. When the pan and the oil are hot, turn the heat down to medium and add the red onions, carrot, and sweet potato.
- Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add broth and bring it to a boil. Add zucchini, cover and simmer the zucchini for about 6 minutes.
- Add peas, chickpeas, garlic powder, chili pepper, salt and pepper and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Taste and add any extra seasonings, if necessary. Serve topped with fresh parsley
- Use low sodium broth when possible, so you can control the amount of salt added to the soup.
- As the zucchini is not peeled, make sure to wash the zucchini before using.
- Make sure you dice everything as uniformly as possible so they cook evenly.
- To store: Store leftover soup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- To reheat: Reheat the soup in the microwave or on the stovetop until hot.
- To freeze: Freeze the soup for up to 3 months. Make sure you leave space when freezing as liquid expands as it freezes.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
If you like this Zucchini Summer Soup recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
Taste more healthy soup recipes!
This creamy Beet and Sweet Potato Soup is really worth a try!
This creamy, gluten-free, low-carb, and high in fiber Carrot and Parsnip Soup is a lunch option meal during this cold weather.
This Pasta Soup with Sweet Potato and Peas is full of fiber, low in fat, and is a quick-and-easy go-to meal!