This Zucchini Summer Soup is a very flavorful super easy recipe to make. You can add any seasonal veggies and you will end up with a delicious meal!Just because it is summer doesn’t mean you have to stop eating soup, right? Some people may think summer is not a time to have soup but I like to continue to eat soup all year long. If people from very tropical countries like in northern Brazil where it is summer all year think this way, they never would have soup in there lives, correct? For me, you can have light and fresh soups in the summer and hot and spicy soups in the winter.
Soup is one of my favorite meals and it has been about two months since I last made soup. I missed it a lot because my husband and I used to have soup at least two times a week during fall and winter. You can see how much we love soups of all kinds.
So, today I am bringing a light fresh soup for summer. This Zucchini Summer Soup is a very flavorful super easy recipe to make. You can add any seasonal veggies and you will end up with a delicious meal for your busy week days.
About the recipe:
You have to be very careful with the cooking time because zucchini cooks very fast and if you don’t pay attention, your zucchini can be very soggy. So, cook the harder veggies first and then add zucchini. Peas and chickpeas will be added at the end because both are already cooked. And voila, you will have a fresh and delicious soup to enjoy even on the summer!
For more delicious soup recipes, you can visit my Soup Pinterest Board!
Zucchini Summer Soup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin oil
- 2/3 cup red onion — chopped
- ½ cup carrot — diced
- 1 cup sweet potato — diced
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup zucchini — diced
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- A pinch of chili pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- In a large pot over high heat, add olive oil. When the pan and the oil are hot, turn the heat down to medium and add the red onions, carrot, and sweet potato.
- Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add broth and bring it to a boil. Add zucchini, cover and simmer the zucchini for about 6 minutes.
- Add peas, chickpeas, garlic powder, chili pepper, salt and pepper and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Taste and add any extra seasonings, if necessary. Serve topped with fresh parsley
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
If you like this Zucchini Summer Soup recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
Taste more healthy soup recipes!
This creamy Beet and Sweet Potato Soup is really worth a try!
This creamy, gluten-free, low-carb, and high in fiber Carrot and Parsnip Soup is a lunch option meal during this cold weather.
This Pasta Soup with Sweet Potato and Peas is full of fiber, low in fat, and is a quick-and-easy go-to meal!