This Cheesy Broccoli-Cauliflower Bake is a delicious and healthy casserole dish that is loaded with veggies, cheese, and panko. It is creamy, golden, and super-yummy!
I bet many my readers are starting to think about the big night (Thanksgiving dinner) and already planning what to make, especially what will go along with the juicy and delicious roasted turkey. My family always like to serve it with roasted green beans, mashed potatoes, rice, salads, some type of stuffing, and cranberry sauce. But, I think baked casserole dishes are also a big hit for Thanksgiving dinner, right?
Keeping this in mind, I made this recipe a few days ago, and we love it. I was trying to make a veggie casserole because we already eat a lot at this dinner. I thought a lighter, veggie dish was the right way to go. Since this is a veggie casserole, many of you may think, “Hum… This is a little blah…” But you are about to change your mind! Give it a try.
The crunchy and yummy crust on the top of this dish and the softness of the veggies inside and the melted mozzarella cheese make this Broccoli-Cauliflower Bake a winner. Give it a try because it is really easy-to-make, gluten-free, healthy, and so cheesy.
I made this Broccoli-Cauliflower Bake on Sunday and kept it in the fridge for more than 3 days. I took some to work and warmed it up in the microwave for lunch, and it was still very flavourful. I believe you can keep it in the fridge for up 5 days, but I don’t think it will last that long just because this is so D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S.! The panko really adds that extra crunch. I’ve been using it a lot recently, see my Roasted Green beans with Garlic Panko and Garlic Panko Salmon Recipe.
If you’re in the mood for another casserole dish, you should try my Broccoli and Cauliflower Casserole Recipe, Brussels Sprouts Casserole Recipe, and Zucchini Casserole Recipe! They are packed with vegetables and so delicious!!
See below for how to make Cheesy Broccoli-Cauliflower Bake:
Cheesy Broccoli-Cauliflower Bake Recipe
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup gluten-free panko crumbs
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil - you can use melted coconut oil or even melted butter
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley - chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ cups mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- In a large pot, bring some water to a boil.
- Add the broccoli and cauliflower. Cook them for about 3-4 minutes. Don’t cook more than that because you will bake them as well. Drain, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add the panko crumbs, olive oil, oregano, paprika, parsley, cayenne, and black pepper.
- Mix everything very well to combine. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray, add the broccoli, cauliflower, and mozzarella.
- Top with the panko mixture.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
Thanks for much for being here and always try to make my recipes. Have a lovely day!
If you like this Cheesy Broccoli-Cauliflower Bake recipe, please share it with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter, and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipe updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
More casserole recipes to try: