Merry Christmas Eve!!
I’ve been in Brazil for a month and a half now. During this time, we (me and my family) organized and prepared everything for the big dinner tonight. Our Christmas this year will be very different from Canada since Brazilian Christmas is all about tropical weather 😉 My husband and I are having so much fun going to the beaches, enjoying the hot, sunny days… Well, to be very honest, my husband is melting here (he is Canadian), but he is enjoying it and relaxing too 😉
I thought I would bring one more side dish for your Christmas dinner, just in case you haven’t yet planned your holiday menu. A few months ago I made delicious, roasted green beans and they were a great success. Since then, we often eat this side dish along with rice and some kind of fish. I chose to add garlic panko on the top because it adds a nice crunchy texture to this dish and more flavor. I’ve really been obsessed with garlic panko lately. This Garlic Panko Salmon Recipe has been made on repeat! These roasted green beans with garlic panko are definitely a great side dish for festive meals and parties this holiday season. Make sure your side dish shines this Christmas. It also goes well with everyday dinner recipes like this Easy Salmon Salad Recipe as well!
I know these roasted green beans are so simple, but I promise they’re worth it. This easy vegetable side dish adds color to the meal. To make this recipe even healthier, I decided to use this gluten-free panko which is the best in the market in my opinion. The roasted green beans are also very crispy and I explained in this tutorial how to make delicious and crispy green beans.
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
Hope you all have a great Christmas Eve, filled with awesome food and even better company. Happy holidays, and season’s greetings! May 2015 be your best year ever!
Thank YOU for being here.
Roasted Green Beans
For the Roasted Green Beans
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place a jellyroll pan in oven for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, place green beans and all the ingredients.
- Mix well everything together.
- Arrange green bean mixture in a single layer on preheated baking sheet.
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Set aside.
For the Garlic Panko Crumbs
- In a skillet, heat olive over medium heat.
- Add garlic, panko crumbs and walnuts. Sauté until until lightly toasted.
- Season with salt and fresh ground pepper. Set aside.
- When it is time to serve you just need to transfer the roasted green beans to a serving dish and top with garlic panko crumbs.
- You can quickly trim the green beans by lining them up on a cutting board and cutting the tops and bottoms off. They need to be trimmed as the ends will be tough.
- Always wash the green beans before cooking them but make sure to pay them dry so they don't steam.
- I prefer panko as they're lighter but if you do not have any on hand, you can use breadcrumbs.
- To store: You can store roasted green beans in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To reheat: Reheat the green beans in the microwave or oven.
- To freeze: You can freeze cooked green beans in a freezer-safe bag or container for up to 3 months.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
If you like this Roasted Green beans with Garlic Panko recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
More Side Dishes
This Roasted Green Beans is definitely an easy and quick side dish that it also guilty free!
This Easy and Quick Roasted Asparagus in the oven is delicious and full of flavor. In minutes, you have a healthy and delicious side dish on the table.
There Baked Sweet Potato with Cashew is so tasty, healthy and high in vitamins A and C.