Low carb chicken meal prep bowls are full of protein and fresh veggies. Make this recipe in 30 minutes for healthy lunches or dinners.
Meal-prepping is great because it saves you money since there is no need to order last minute meals. Here are more chicken meal-prep recipes for you: Spicy Chicken Meal-Prep Bowls, One-Pan Chicken and Cabbage (Meal-Prep), Greek Chicken Salad Bowls and Easy Chopped Chicken Salad.
Chicken, mashed cauliflower, and sauteed vegetables make a classic meal that’s flavorful and filling. Now you can enjoy an easy, low carb meal throughout the week by making easy meal prep bowls!
There are a few ways to approach meal prepping based on what works for you.
- Cook for the upcoming week: Make a large meal and portion it out into individual containers. This way, you have ready-made lunches or dinners that you can reheat as needed.
- Prep ingredients ahead of time: Do all of your chopping and measuring the night before and store fresh ingredients in the refrigerator until you need them. Then, serve as a full-sized family meal as soon as it’s done.
- Mix-and-match: Make this chicken and vegetable recipe for dinner, then divide up the leftovers for future meals.
This meal prep bowl recipe is written for the first option, but you can certainly adjust it for the other options if you’d like.
How to make low carb chicken meal prep bowls
- Chicken breasts
- Cauliflower – cut into florets
- Zucchini – about 2 medium, chopped
- Red bell pepper – about 3 medium, chopped
- Red onion – about 2 medium, chopped
- Parmesan cheese – buy a wedge and shred yourself
- Garlic – about 1 clove or used minced
- Olive oil
- Spices – dried oregano, paprika, onion powder, salt & pepper
- Prep the ingredients
- First, chop all the vegetables and grate the cheese, then set aside.
- Next, cut the chicken breasts into cutlets so they cook faster. Place one on a cutting board and hold it flat with the palm of your hand.
- With your other hand, take a sharp knife and cut through the breast horizontally to make two even pieces. Repeat with the other breast.
- Cook the chicken
- Toss the chicken breast halves with the spices, then place them in a heated skillet.
- Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked all the way through.
- Make the mashed cauliflower
- While the chicken is cooking, bring some water to boil in a large pot. Steam the cauliflower until it’s fork-tender, then let it cool for a few minutes.
- Blend the steamed cauliflower and garlic together until smooth.
- Then, mix with the butter, cheese, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Saute the veggies
- When the chicken is done, add more oil and butter to the pan before tossing in the chopped vegetables.
- Cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper when done.
- Build the meal prep bowls
- Divide the chicken, mashed cauliflower, and veggies into even amounts and place in your favorite meal prep containers.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and reheat in the microwave.
- Yellow squash
- Green beans
- Snap peas
Other meal prep bowl recipes:
- One Pan Italian Sausage Meal Prep Bowls
- Spicy Chicken with Cabbage and Zucchini
- Ground Turkey Cauliflower Rice Veggie Bowls
- Chicken Fajita Meal Prep Bowls
- Meal Prep Recipe for Chicken and Vegetables
- Garlic Shrimp and Veggies Meal Prep Bowls
Low Carb Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
FOR THE CHICKEN
FOR THE MASHED CAULIFLOWER
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- Cut the chicken breasts into thinner cut by placing chicken breast on a cutting board. Hold it flat with one hand. Using a sharp knife, slice the chicken breast horizontally into two even pieces*.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, place the chicken with olive oil, oregano, paprika, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Toss everything together.
- Place seasoned chicken breast in the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes per side, turning once. Chicken will be ready when it gets the internal temperature of 165˚F. Transfer the chicken breasts to a plate.
FOR THE MASHED CAULIFLOWER
- Fill a large pot with about 2 cups of water, and bring it to a boil.
- Then, place a steamer basket in the bottom of the pot.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the steamer basket.
- Cover the pot, and steam until the cauliflower is fork-tender, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from the heat, uncover the pot and let the cauliflower cool for 3-5 minutes.
- Place the steamed cauliflower and garlic in a food processor or blender jar, and puree/blend until the cauliflower is completely smooth. Transfer to a bowl, add the butter, Parmesan, salt, and ground black pepper, and stir well to combine. Set aside.
FOR THE VEGGIES
- In the same skillet you seared chicken breast, heat oil and butter.
- Add onions, bell pepper and zucchini. Saute them until tender. It’s about 4-5 minutes. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Place an even amount of chicken, veggies, and mashed cauliflower into 4 glass containers. Cover with the lid, and place in the fridge for up 4 days. Heat in the microwave for about 1½ - 2 minutes. The time depends on the power of your microwave.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
Watch the Web Stories for this recipe below: