A delicious One-Pan Italian Sausage Meal-Prep Bowls recipe that only requires a handful of everyday ingredients and it will make an easy lunch for your busy week.
You may have noticed that my recipes this year are getting easier and easier to make. These recipes are normally one-pan meals and are done in 30-40 minutes (here is some examples: Low-carb Lettuce Wrap Sandwich, Slow Cooker Italian Sausage and Peppers, Spicy Salmon Sweet Potato Skilletand Spicy Chicken with Cauliflower Rice).
This is one of my goals for this year: to create super easy healthy recipes for my busy audience. That’s why this week I’m sharing with you another super easy recipe that is totally satisfying, low-carb, whole30, paleo and gluten-free.
Reasons why you’ll love this One-Pan Italian Sausage Meal-Prep Bowls:
- As the name of this recipe says, this One-Pan Italian Sausage Meal-Prep Bowlsis cooked on one sheet pan, which makes clean up a breeze.
- The total cooking time is only 35 to 40 minutes. It depends on how tender you prefer your veggies to be.
- It’s low-carb, whole30, paleo and gluten-free. And if you’re vegetarian or vegan you can replace the sausage for tofu.
- It’s a healthy, hearty and comforting meal for a quick lunch.
- It requires just a few minutes of hands-on time and the oven does the rest of the work for you.
- ThisOne-Pan Italian Sausage Meal-Prep Bowls recipe requires only a handful of ingredients.
- The yellow mustard is simple, but delicious that adds a little kick to this meal and goes really well with broccoli.
Can I replace Italian Sausage for other type of protein?
Yes, you can. This recipe works great with chicken breast too. But the total cooking time will be around 20 or 25 minutes. The chicken will be cooked through when it gets 165F of internal temperature.
Which type of meal-prep container you recommended?
I prefer to use glass containers that…
- have leak-proof lids to avoid spills.
- have a good quality glass to avoid breaking easily.
- it’s safe to use in the microwave and it’s freezer-safe tempered glass too.
One-Pan Italian Sausage Meal-Prep Bowls
- 17 oz 5 links good-quality spicy pork sausage (cut into 3/4-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon of juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large — or 2 small head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes — cut in half
- Preheat oven to 450° F and line a sheet pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Place the sausage on the prepared baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together olive oil, yellow mustard, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Remove the sausage from the oven, flip them and add broccoli and cherry tomatoes.
- Pour the mustard mixture over the veggies and toss well to combine.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven and roast for more 15-20 minutes or until the sausage is cooked through and the veggies are tender.
- Divide roasted veggies and sausage between four 22oz glass meal prep containers. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days. Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/4) — Calories: 319, Fat: 28g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Cholesterol: 49mg, Sodium: 499mg, Potassium: 595mg, Carbohydrates: 7g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 3g, Protein: 12g
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!