All Right, YUMMMM Ground Beef Butternut Squash Kale Soup! Comforting, healthy and very nutritious. Also, it’s low-carb, gluten free and paleo friendly! ALL THE GOOD THINGS in one-pot.
Although I’m still in Brazil visiting my family and enjoying the warm weather, I know that most of my readers are in the northern hemisphere and they are all facing very cold weather. My friends and family in Canada are telling us that these days are really cold. So, because I’m with you my dear readers, I’m sharing today this comforting Ground Beef Butternut Squash Kale Soup to warm you up a little bit.
This soup is made with real and good ingredients for you such as extra-lean ground beef, butternut squash and kale, which will make you and your family very satisfied without feeling guilt. Why? Because, comforting foods don’t need to be full of unhealthy fats and white carbs, right?!
Also, this Ground Beef Butternut Squash Kale Soup is for you who have a crazy busy life, but still want to eat as healthy as possible even though you don’t have much time to cook. It’s so easy to prepare and it’ll be done in less than 30 minutes. Awesome!
You’ll start this recipe with olive oil, ground beef and garlic. Then, you’ll add yellow onions, celery, red peppers, chopped tomato, butternut squash and vegetable broth. Finally after all these ingredients simmer up, you’ll add kale for extra colour, texture and nutrients.
This soup is also for those who made 2018 the year to eat healthier without scarifying in flavor because this soup is BIG TIME flavorful. There is something about this combo (ground beef, butternut squash and kale) that makes the whole dish tastes amazing.
I’m totally obsessed with this combo and I bet you will be too, once you try it. IT IS SO DARN GOOD. It literally checks all the boxes – healthy, super nutritious, extremely awesome flavour, gluten-free, paleo and easy and quick to make. Also the ingredients are pretty simple and probably you have all of them in your kitchen. If you don’t like butternut squash you can replace it for sweet potato or if you aren’t a big fan of kale you can swap for spinach. Isn’t that amazing?! It’s definitely the best recipe to kick your new year off right.
Below you’ll find more butternut squash recipes to make:
- Chicken Stroganoff with Butternut Squash Mash
- Roasted Butternut Squash Mash
- 20-minutes Butternut Squash Soup
- No Bean Whole30 Butternut Squash Chili
- Ground Beef Butternut Squash Kale Soup
- Roasted Butternut Squash Cauliflower Salad
- Italian Sausage Stuffed Butternut Squash
Ground Beef Butternut Squash Kale Soup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin oil
- ½ lb grass-fed extra-lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves — minced
- ¾ cup yellow onion — diced
- ½ cup celery — diced
- ½ cup red pepper — diced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 28 oz can diced/chopped tomato — I like to use this one
- 1 cup butternut squash — peeled and diced
- 5 cups vegetable broth or organic bone broth
- 2 cups kale — chopped
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper
- Add ground beef and garlic. Stir occasionally and cook for about 10 minutes or so.
- Add onions, celery, red peppers and dried parsley. Cook until onions are gold brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes, butternut squash and broth. Bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 10 to15mins.
- Add kale, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper and cook for 4 minutes more.
- Taste and add any extra seasonings, if necessary. Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/8) — Calories: 169, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 25mg, Sodium: 123mg, Carbohydrates: 11g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 4g, Protein: 11g
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
And if you like this Instant Pot Mediterranean Chicken Recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.