Egg roll in a bowl is a great way to get those delicious Asian flavors in an easy-to-make meal. Make this recipe for dinner or meal prep lunches!
Making meal prep lunches is one of the best ways to make sure you’re eating healthy all week long. So if you need more meal prep inspirations you can check these recipes out: Greek Chicken Salad Bowls (Meal-Prep), Spicy Chicken Meal-Prep Bowls, Tuna Salad Meal Prep Bowls and Meal Prep Recipe for Chicken and Vegetables.
How to make an egg roll in a bowl
- Ground beef – can also use ground turkey or ground pork
- Sesame oil
- Rice vinegar – replace with white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar, plus ¼ teaspoon sugar
- Garlic – one teaspoon minced, which is about 1-2 fresh cloves
- Ground ginger – be sure to use the spice, not fresh ginger
- Soy sauce – or coconut aminos if gluten-free or low-carb
- Cabbage – a small one, about 1 pound, should be enough
- Carrots – grated
- Green onions
- Sesame seeds
- Boiled eggs – this recipe uses soft-boiled, but you can make hard-boiled if you prefer
TIP: If you’re using a hard-boiled egg, you can cut it half now. But if your eggs have runny centers, wait to cut them in half until you are ready to eat.
- Shredded cabbage: If you don’t want to slice your own, you can buy a bag of shredded cabbage instead. Look for one that is at least 10 ounces to make sure there’s enough for this meal prep recipe.
- Make ground beef ahead of time: If you make a lot of recipes with ground beef, you can save time and money by making a large batch and storing for later. Simply brown it, then cool and divide into smaller portions. Store in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days, then warm in the pan before continuing this recipe. You can also freeze cooked ground beef up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before using.
- On the stove – Bring some water to boil in a saucepan, then lower to a simmer. Gently add the eggs to the pan, one at a time. Cook for 6 minutes
- Instant Pot – Add 1 cup of water to the pot, then add the eggs on top of the steamer rack insert. Cook on manual for 3 minutes with a Quick Release.
More Meal Prep Recipes
- Ground Turkey Cauliflower Rice Veggie Bowls
- One Pan Chicken and Cabbage
- Broiled Salmon with Cabbage and Green Beans (Meal-Prep)
- Ground Beef Zucchini Sweet Potato Skillet (Meal Prep)
Egg roll in a bowl (Meal-Prep)
- 1 lb. ground ground beef - or ground turkey or ground pork
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic - minced
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ cup coconut aminos - or soy sauce
- 5 cups cabbage - thinly sliced
- ½ cup grated carrots
- 2 green onions - thinly sliced
- sesame seed for garnishing
- 4 boiled egg - runny yolk
- In a large skillet, add ground beef over medium-high heat. Season with salt and black pepper. Cook and break it up with a spatula, until it is cooked through and no longer pink. It’s about 7 minutes. Using a spoon remove the fat if there is some.
- Pous sesame oil and rice vinegar into the skillet. Stir well.
- Add garlic, ginger, soy sauce (or coconut aminos), cabbage and carrots to the skillet. Mix everything well and close the skillet with a lid. Cook for about 5-7 more minutes, or until cabbage is wilted. Stir occasionally.
- Remove skillet from the heat. Stir in green onions and top with sesame seed.
- Place an even amount of egg roll into 4 different glass containers and add one boiled egg on top of each container.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!