Egg roll in a bowl is a great way to get those delicious Asian flavors in an easy-to-make meal. Make this recipe for dinner or meal prep lunches!
Making meal prep lunches is one of the best ways to make sure you’re eating healthy all week long. So if you need more meal prep inspirations you can check these recipes out: Greek Chicken Salad Bowls (Meal-Prep), Spicy Chicken Meal-Prep Bowls, Tuna Salad Meal Prep Bowls and Meal Prep Recipe for Chicken and Vegetables.
I love a low carb recipes because it’s light and filling without weighing you down. Want another low carb recipe? Try my Zucchini Lasagna Roll Recipe, 4-Ingredient Chicken Zucchini Rolls, and Easy Cauliflower Fried Rice.
How to make an egg roll in a bowl
- Ground beef – can also use ground turkey or ground pork
- Sesame oil
- Rice vinegar – replace with white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar, plus ¼ teaspoon sugar
- Garlic – one teaspoon minced, which is about 1-2 fresh cloves
- Ground ginger – be sure to use the spice, not fresh ginger
- Soy sauce – or coconut aminos if gluten-free or low-carb
- Cabbage – a small one, about 1 pound, should be enough
- Carrots – grated
- Green onions
- Sesame seeds
- Boiled eggs – this recipe uses soft-boiled, but you can make hard-boiled if you prefer
TIP: If you’re using a hard-boiled egg, you can cut it half now. But if your eggs have runny centers, wait to cut them in half until you are ready to eat.
- Shredded cabbage: If you don’t want to slice your own, you can buy a bag of shredded cabbage instead. Look for one that is at least 10 ounces to make sure there’s enough for this meal prep recipe.
- Make ground beef ahead of time: If you make a lot of recipes with ground beef, you can save time and money by making a large batch and storing for later. Simply brown it, then cool and divide into smaller portions. Store in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days, then warm in the pan before continuing this recipe. You can also freeze cooked ground beef up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before using.
- On the stove – Bring some water to boil in a saucepan, then lower to a simmer. Gently add the eggs to the pan, one at a time. Cook for 6 minutes
- Instant Pot – Add 1 cup of water to the pot, then add the eggs on top of the steamer rack insert. Cook on manual for 3 minutes with a Quick Release.
More Meal Prep Recipes
- Ground Turkey Cauliflower Rice Veggie Bowls
- One Pan Chicken and Cabbage
- Broiled Salmon with Cabbage and Green Beans (Meal-Prep)
- Ground Beef Zucchini Sweet Potato Skillet (Meal Prep)
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
- 1 lb. ground ground beef or ground turkey or ground pork
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ cup coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 5 cups cabbage thinly sliced
- ½ cup grated carrots
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- sesame seed for garnishing
- 4 boiled egg runny yolk
- In a large skillet, add ground beef over medium-high heat. Season with salt and black pepper. Cook and break it up with a spatula, until it is cooked through and no longer pink. It’s about 7 minutes. Using a spoon remove the fat if there is some.
- Pous sesame oil and rice vinegar into the skillet. Stir well.
- Add garlic, ginger, soy sauce (or coconut aminos), cabbage and carrots to the skillet. Mix everything well and close the skillet with a lid. Cook for about 5-7 more minutes, or until cabbage is wilted. Stir occasionally.
- Remove skillet from the heat. Stir in green onions and top with sesame seed.
- Place an even amount of egg roll into 4 different glass containers and add one boiled egg on top of each container.
- Hold off cutting the egg in your bowl until ready to enjoy.
- Feel free to swap the soft-boiled egg for a hard-boiled egg if you prefer.
- You can save time by purchasing pre-shredded cabbage.
- To store: Store the egg roll in a bowl for up to 4 days in the fridge in an airtight container.
- To reheat: You can reheat the bowls in the microwave.
- To freeze: I only recommend freezing the cooked beef as the cabbage won't hold up well. Freeze the beef in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.